My 300g FOWLR

Nice tank you have there. Since you have had it for a little while now how do you like the acrylic tank? Looking at a possible 10’ tank and it was suggested to go that route. Nice to see a tank big enough to have such pretty fish a lot of people can’t keep.
Thank you.
My previous tank was a 180g acrylic tank as well so I learned a lot from it. When I had it, I swore I would never do another acrylic tank again and that the next one would be glass. after doing some more research and hearing few people having glass seems blown out, I didn't think twice about going back to acrylic again. Plus having little kids in the house where toys are always flying around was another reason for acrylic.
Acrylic is really easy to get scratched, but if you take the time and use the right equipment and are careful its not much of an issue. Its really easy to drill holes, modify and don't have to worry about one of your rocks falling and hitting the panels and causing a crack.
Mighty magnet was one of the best investments that I made. I got it with their algae scrubber and it works phenomenal.
10' tank would be amazing! good luck with it and let me know if you have questions. I would be glad to help.
 
That tank was so dirty, it took me the first 3 minutes of video to realize there were FISH in there!

LOL :p... only kidding! Very beautiful collection of fish--I have an Emperor as well, I bet he's your favorite. Is that Banner Fish an H. Singularius? I have one-- but yours is moving a little fast for me to tell. Not many people have one. ;)
 
That tank was so dirty, it took me the first 3 minutes of video to realize there were FISH in there!

LOL :p... only kidding! Very beautiful collection of fish--I have an Emperor as well, I bet he's your favorite. Is that Banner Fish an H. Singularius? I have one-- but yours is moving a little fast for me to tell. Not many people have one. ;)
Thank you so much. Yeah the emperor is definitely one of the family’s favorites. He grunts so loud that you can hear him all the way across the house. How large is yours?
the banner fish I have is a heniochus diphreutes. I’m part of the many who doesn’t have a H. Singularius either lol.
 
636F9705-7BEB-466E-991C-A88A3BAFADE7.jpeg FA5A8ABD-EBFC-4727-BB88-3C7C2D1DF069.jpeg

My H. Singularius... in case you are ever thinking of an ‘upgrade’ (Ahahahahaha!)
 
They seem to be the largest of the three you’ll likely come across in an LFS (H.a, H.d, H.s)— mine is about the size of my outstretched hand; I know they can get bigger, because ‘fully grown’ the black and white merge more into a carbon fiber like pattern. :)
 
I’ve been thinking about doing a FOWLR big tank but don’t think I could do no corals but I badly want some big angels and tangs like this. That water change schedule sounds awesome.

Curious what kind of lights you’re using?

Yes, I miss my 220 fowler tank and the angels I had! Beautiful tank you have regardless of scratches you know about!
 
@lagatbezan awesome tank! Looking at doing something similar...

How's the noise from the pumps under the sump?

I'll DM you for the name of the manufacturer, I'm sourcing that now.
 
@lagatbezan awesome tank! Looking at doing something similar...

How's the noise from the pumps under the sump?

I'll DM you for the name of the manufacturer, I'm sourcing that now.
The noise is very minimal. I’m using a reeflo dart gold for the closed loop which has a little bit of humming. The velocity pumps I was using for my returns very extremely quiet (one of my favorite pumps of all time) but were adding some heat and were using a bit of power so I recently swapped them out to sicce sdc9s. They are a lot more powerful and use a fraction of power but a bit noisy more my liking but the wifi connectivity is great.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new