fishes2889

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update:
Everything went well with the whole sump project. The skimmer is hanging on the side of the sump and is pulling some nasty stuff out. ( very pleased with it) The noise in the overflow and the sump is not as bad as i thought it was going ot be.

I have added rock since then and some livestock....
Heres the list:
Lineatus Flasher Wrasse
McCoskers Flasher Wrasse
YWG and simbiotic buddy MR. Pistol Shrimp
Perc(about 4 years old)
and finally i just got 2 Yellow Headed Jawfish(today)....They are my favorite fish including the bluespot. I do have a passion for flashers and fairy's though. :D

I am currently and pretty much done with fish, now its time to start growing out and buying more zoa's.... :)

I will post pics of the Jawfish when they get settled down....

Thanks Steve

OP
OP
fishes2889

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well all i can give you is an update. I lost my camera usb cord so i need to look for that, so pics next update.

Everything is going a o.k., the 2 jawfish are actually burrowing together and i think they might be a happpy couple if ya know what i mean. :) The McCoskers jumped when i put the sump in and the Lineatus Flasher was sold to a friend of mine. I am currently re-thinking my stocking list right now. Current list is:
Perc
YWG w/ pistol
pair of Jaws

I want to add small fish to this tank to make it look like they are just incendentally there and for the focus to be more on the zoa's and paly's and other corals. Just to give the tank a little more movement, i was planning on adding a sixline, another small goby (when my store gets them instock), and i know this totally throws off my idea of small fish, but maybe i was thinking of adding a 1.5in mimic tang. I know he will probably outgrow it within 2 years but he is the smallest tang i have seen at my store. :)

But other than that, coraline is coming in nicely and the zoa's are growin' and getting fragged every so often. I will post pics asap. :)

Thanks Steve

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 95 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back