OP
OP
Shawn D

Shawn D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've done a lot with 33 gallons! I had to look a few times at the post, the tank seems much larger. The set-up is nicely-done, great eye-appeal
Thanks

slick tank. one of the very very few bare bottoms i have liked.
Thanks. Are you not a real fan of the bb's
Very nice!
Thanks

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Wow! What a great looking tank. It looks larger then a 33, nice setup.
Thanks

I get the "It looks bigger then a 33'' alot. I have been shopping the lfs and online to find something new for the tank, I have not been able to find what I want. Which is funny, because I dont know what I want. So I will just keep my eye out and keep looking around. I keep thinking of trading out some of those softies for some more lps or sps, but my wife loves them. I love the look of those packed sps tanks, but I dont want to start dosing.....was looking at zoas, but holy cow even n the forums there crazy money. Leaning toward rics. Seen some nice ones around the lfs so..Ill stop rambling and keep you posted.

stlcard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the concept of bb. But I'm a natural kind of guy. Small sand bed makes a world of difference to me. Plus12-14k lighting. Ill actinic at night to get the colors, but I dig the natural crisp white look.

That aside. I do like your bare bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Shawn D

Shawn D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the concept of bb. But I'm a natural kind of guy. Small sand bed makes a world of difference to me. Plus12-14k lighting. Ill actinic at night to get the colors, but I dig the natural crisp white look.

That aside. I do like your bare bottom.

I feel the same as you, I had my nanos bb for make things easy, but with this tank it was my wife's idea and am glad for it. Has sure made live easy with water changes. Now I do miss some of the sand dwelling fish and things that I cant have to to the bb, but I think I be ok..:)

OP
OP
Shawn D

Shawn D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up some new leds for moon lights. I grabbed a 8' undercabinet light from Costco. It has multiple colors. Seems to work great. Oh and its dimmable.

OP
OP
Shawn D

Shawn D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

these are the main colors. But you can mix the color also. to give you a custom look.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shawn D

Shawn D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well time for update. Took the maxi 900 offline due to fish only hangin on one side of tank. Now running 2 hydor nano 240. Prob not enough flow. But well see. Added a new fish. Midas blenny. Awesome fish. Lookin to pick up a few new corals. Added a 5 color paly frag, orange acan, and a frag of yellow leather. Prob pick up a orange digi next week. Post pick in a few days after picking up new pump. Lookin at a tunze or a bigger hydor. Open to suggestions.

OP
OP
Shawn D

Shawn D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No sump. Only filtration is a aqueon20 (I think is the model) hob with a flter pad and a carbon pad. Changed out every 3 weeks. Then the live rock you see in the tank and the new hydor.

Updated pics.
Evening lights. B+ and atinic

Moon lights only

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shawn D

Shawn D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not much has changed since April, corals have grown alot and I picked up a flame angel. I went to bi weekly 40% water changes, instead of the 5 gallons I was doing. I have quite a few sps and dont dose, So I want to keep my calk and mag up. Here is a recent pic

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back