My 400

ReeferBud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!

I think we may have the same calcium reactor, the CR5000D. I also have it set as a constant stream and it’s struggling to keep up with the tank’s Alk demands. I’m also running a large sulfur denitrator and it consumes Alk so I’m debating whether getting a larger calcium reactor or just accepting that I’m going to have to constantly add a lot of sodium bicarbonate.

I can definitely relate to the need for constant pruning. Something I’m not great at always keeping up with.

will certainly follow for sure and look forward to future updates.

OP
OP
charliethetuna

charliethetuna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!

I think we may have the same calcium reactor, the CR5000D. I also have it set as a constant stream and it’s struggling to keep up with the tank’s Alk demands. I’m also running a large sulfur denitrator and it consumes Alk so I’m debating whether getting a larger calcium reactor or just accepting that I’m going to have to constantly add a lot of sodium bicarbonate.

I can definitely relate to the need for constant pruning. Something I’m not great at always keeping up with.

will certainly follow for sure and look forward to future updates.
Actually now that you mentioned that I do dose alk separate also .if I dont I noticed the alk will drop but not the calcium this is due to the bacteria in the suffer de nitrates absorbing alk. Took me forever to figure that out .spoke to a few of the coral og gurus and they said the bacteria thats in a sulfur reactor will consume alk ..my alk would be at like 7 and calcium would be over 500 ...

ReeferBud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just saw a recent video of your tank in another thread I'm following! OUTSTANDING REEF!! Great job, @charliethetuna!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Beefyreefy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
8 kessil 360w
4 ati 80watt blue plus
1 ati 80watt actinic
1 ati 80watt purple plus
Wow great light combo. I am currently running the same spread of t5 colors with my LEDs. I love the addition of the purple. I never hear of too many people using the ati purple plus, but it really make the coral pop compared to without it. I currently run viparspectra black boxes but am about to switch to the Kessil’ sin addition to my t5s. I’m assuming you are happy with your lightning?

cthedaytrader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got to see it in person quite a while ago, it really is awesome! It looks incredible! its really great to see it doing so well.

OP
OP
charliethetuna

charliethetuna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Truly stunning tank! I love how full it is - makes it seem so much more natural to me - I’m not a big fan of the minimal aqua scape. Congrats on a beaut

Wow great light combo. I am currently running the same spread of t5 colors with my LEDs. I love the addition of the purple. I never hear of too many people using the ati purple plus, but it really make the coral pop compared to without it. I currently run viparspectra black boxes but am about to switch to the Kessil’ sin addition to my t5s. I’m assuming you are happy with your lightning?
I actually switched to radions xr15 pro gen 4 .my kessils were the originals and had a few go out ,that being said i figured it was time to start switching over to radions and give them a shot .all though the radions are nice i do really miss my kessil ,cant beat the shimmer of kessil and i feel the light is much crisper to the eye .now that the 500s are out that would have been my choice.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Early morning sunrise on the reef

And BOOM! Just like that you’re back! lol

I went missing for about 2.5 years and came back a couple months ago too.

Your system is looking fabulous!

tweeter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is so beautiful!! It's a tremendous accomplishment to have a reef like that!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back