My 5G Fluval Evo

BMMMW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I started this tank back in December knowing literally nothing about reefing. I read and researched all I could on R2R and wanted to share what I have.

Please share your opinions and any suggestions on what to change. I wanted this tank to look stuffed with Corals, but I am still learning what can go where so it's a struggle.

e05a283aa498f779519269fbf7fe665b.jpg

Rob's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great so far. My only concern would be those anemone's.

You said it's a 5g and you have what looks to be 2 long tenticle anemone's which 1 of those gets bigger than your entire tank! ;p

Good luck though, looking good so far

OP
OP
BMMMW

BMMMW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Yes, I know. It has grown about 10% in the past 2-3 months. I have another tank at home that will house the corals that outgrow this tank. This is at work. I still have to organize it, but my params are good and the fish and corals are all happy except for one.

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, I am new to saltwater as well, started in June. You have a Really nice tank, I started out with an 8 gallon tank and now have a 30 gal. Rl, and I am already thinking of the next size.:D Everything I've learned about reef tanks is from R2R and you tube videos. Looking forward to seeing more of your tank. :)

OP
OP
BMMMW

BMMMW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Chris! Just need to do some organization and figure out how to remove all the bubble algae.

sNaFu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THATS dang NICE TANK FOR A LITTLE 5GAL FLUVAL, I AM NEW TO SALTWATER ALSO -- CURRENTLY WORKING ON MY FIRST BUILD, A 90GAL REEF READY

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back