My 5G Fluval Evo

BMMMW

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2015
Messages
168
Reaction score
57
Location
North of Chi Town
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I started this tank back in December knowing literally nothing about reefing. I read and researched all I could on R2R and wanted to share what I have.

Please share your opinions and any suggestions on what to change. I wanted this tank to look stuffed with Corals, but I am still learning what can go where so it's a struggle.

e05a283aa498f779519269fbf7fe665b.jpg
 
Looks great so far. My only concern would be those anemone's.

You said it's a 5g and you have what looks to be 2 long tenticle anemone's which 1 of those gets bigger than your entire tank! ;p

Good luck though, looking good so far
 
Thanks! Yes, I know. It has grown about 10% in the past 2-3 months. I have another tank at home that will house the corals that outgrow this tank. This is at work. I still have to organize it, but my params are good and the fish and corals are all happy except for one.
 
Welcome, I am new to saltwater as well, started in June. You have a Really nice tank, I started out with an 8 gallon tank and now have a 30 gal. Rl, and I am already thinking of the next size.:D Everything I've learned about reef tanks is from R2R and you tube videos. Looking forward to seeing more of your tank. :)
 
Thanks Chris! Just need to do some organization and figure out how to remove all the bubble algae.
 
THATS dang NICE TANK FOR A LITTLE 5GAL FLUVAL, I AM NEW TO SALTWATER ALSO -- CURRENTLY WORKING ON MY FIRST BUILD, A 90GAL REEF READY
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new