OP
jsker

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you for posting your excellent video Fadi. Broccoli is a now one for me and will give the broccoli a try next time.

ou guys need to get some of these to freeze your food in. It would make it much easier to portion out :)

They are silicone so easy to pop out.

Good idea with the silicone trays. The last batch I used the egg create light covers and it was like torture on my finger popping out the food. I went with the flat pack on this last batch;).

I do recommend sealing the food for the reason that both batch recipes will make a years supply of food depending on the size of the tank. The sealing will extent the quality of the food for over a year in the freezer.;)

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for posting your excellent video Fadi. Broccoli is a now one for me and will give the broccoli a try next time.

Good idea with the silicone trays. The last batch I used the egg create light covers and it was like torture on my finger popping out the food. I went with the flat pack on this last batch;).

I do recommend sealing the food for the reason that both batch recipes will make a years supply of food depending on the size of the tank. The sealing will extent the quality of the food for over a year in the freezer.;)
I have the silicone trays but never used them, I like flat packs, if the bags are vacuumed and sealed it will last forever in the freezer. next batch i'll use a vacuum sealer

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the silicone trays but never used them, I like flat packs, if the bags are vacuumed and sealed it will last forever in the freezer. next batch i'll use a vacuum sealer

I think if I went with the silicone trays, I would use the ice cube size/larger. Then I would pop them out and seal the cubes. Next batch I think I will get creative and make a big label with all kinds of color. As a after thought, I would suggest using the zip bags that you used and then sealing them. That way when one is ready to use, one cracks the seal and the have the zipper bag to store in the freezer:rolleyes:

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think if I went with the silicone trays, I would use the ice cube size/larger. Then I would pop them out and seal the cubes. Next batch I think I will get creative and make a big label with all kinds of color. As a after thought, I would suggest using the zip bags that you used and then sealing them. That way when one is ready to use, one cracks the seal and the have the zipper bag to store in the freezer:rolleyes:
I already started designing my labels, and I like the idea of sealing the zip bags. this will look like professionally made frozen food mix :)

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already started designing my labels, and I like the idea of sealing the zip bags. this will look like professionally made frozen food mix :)

The companies over here just use the Zip bags since the consumer is using the product up fairly fast. Making our own, we can sit on a batch for some time. My last batch lasted me for 2 years. I cut this last recipe back by half and also change the recipe up a little.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new toy coming Friday. A GHL 2.1 doser. The Jebao dosers have done a great job, but I am looking to refine my dosing so that my alk is not bounce around as much. I think I might end up hard wire the doser instead of using the Wifi. I will see

Today's numbers
My Test results.png

I am dosing again for the phosphates

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a new toy coming Friday. A GHL 2.1 doser. The Jebao dosers have done a great job, but I am looking to refine my dosing so that my alk is not bounce around as much. I think I might end up hard wire the doser instead of using the Wifi. I will see

Today's numbers
My Test results.png

I am dosing again for the phosphates
I thought you were waiting for Core dosers.....which never came out:p
You will love the GHL.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought you were waiting for Core dosers.....which never came out:p
You will love the GHL.
I waited, and I waited, then I waited more:) it was time to move in another direction;)

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Jebao dosers have done a great job, but I am looking to refine my dosing so that my alk is not bounce around as much.

Curious, how long did they last you? I have the DP-2 and it has worked great for a couple of months. The brand gets knocked sometimes, but I have wondered what the reality is assuming good maintenance practices.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious, how long did they last you? I have the DP-2 and it has worked great for a couple of months. The brand gets knocked sometimes, but I have wondered what the reality is assuming good maintenance practices.
I have had them running for two years. I will give them a tune up and store for the next build.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried dosing peroxide for your cyano

Yes, in the past. Since stopping the daily feeding to frozen infused with vitamin C the cyano is pretty much gone.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since stopping the daily feeding to frozen infused with vitamin C the cyano is pretty much gone.

...... :rolleyes:
................... ;Writing

.. ;Woot ;Woot

:)

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not taking the credit, it was reading a post by @saltyfilmfolks that the light bulb went on.:)

Let see, my thought is that my dosing with be more accurate and thus more consistent parameter.
It was LRS for me. Great food , but gave my tank a little indigestion.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, in the past. Since stopping the daily feeding to frozen infused with vitamin C the cyano is pretty much gone.
Mine is dwindling down as well! :D

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today's numbers
My Test results.png

Going on line with new doser tomorrow, not enough time today;)

Phosphates are coming down with the slow dose of Lanthanum Chloride, a couple of corals are not happy. One more dose and I should be ready to go online with GFO again to hold the phosphates steady.

Picture tomorrow.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back