OP
jsker

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also I appoligize about Murphy showing up, he left my house and I thought he was on his way back to @Maritimer 's place, but he must have swung by yours on the way.

Just a short stay, and on the way out I gave Murphy some encouragement.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello:D:D:D

My my WD Cloud Drive died on me whit all my backups on it and I was bad and have not back up that drive for sometime, like 5 years. I have been busy trying to get the information of the drive without having to pay a large ransom to the people that do it. I need to find someone local that knows Linux and has Linux on a machine and I should be good. FYI I have tried all the Linux windows software and this is not working.

Ok, back to tank business
My readings over the last two weeks
My Test results.png

On the tenth I was trying out my new toy, below and my number were off since I was trying to figure out how to use it. I also pulled my filter socks and my glass has been staying clear for almost a week with minor cleaning.
Pipetteror.jpg

O boy jsker has a new toy and I am delighted. I ran the numbers and yes the toy is $55 beans, but the tip come out much cheaper then syringes. And it is all lab like:rolleyes::D:D I am trying to convence myself that I do not need the 100ul and the 10ml one, because they are a want and not a need.

I am also experimenting with Lanthanum Chloride again and figuring a solid amount to gallons dosing. So far from other threads it is .08 off a cc/ml to 10 gallons using the SeaKlean. I think the real debate is how much RO/DI to delute the .08 or in my case for 80 gallons of water volume .62 would be the dose to cut the phosphate in half when high and .02 cc/ml per 10 gallons or .16 cc/ml for 80 gallons of water volume. I will do some more reading/research. Using the 32 oz of SeaKlean is way less then using GFO Warning, dosing to high and not using filter sock is a bad thing for the system.
I got one of these to dose before my filter sock, so the socks catch the Lanthanum Chloride and the bonded phosphate before they phosphates and Lanthanum Chloride get into the system.
Feed bag .jpg

I am dosing 1 drip per second using agent green, which is barley making a dent in the phosphates. Yes it is good to go slow and recommended to go slow, but the Phosphate RX cuts the phosphate at a better rate.

Tune in I will be testing tomorrow after pulling the filter socks in the morning to get my readings.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those pipettes are adjustable?
Yes sir.
IMG_5578.JPG

This one is the 100 to 1000ul and I am using the 1000ul tips for my reagents for Hanna. it is $21.00 for 1000 1000ul tips

Last edited:
OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Testing again after another dose of Lanthanum Chloride. Pulled the filter socks this morning and I will wait till Thanksgiving to test.

My Test results.png

Test station
IMG_5581.JPG

I was looking at on of my turbos this morning and boy they are getting big. I have two and they are about 3.5 years old.
IMG_5579.JPG

Group photo aka full thank shot
IMG_5580.JPG

Look as though I am going to have to cull back the anemone again.

Happy Sunday!!:)

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Testing again after another dose of Lanthanum Chloride. Pulled the filter socks this morning and I will wait till Thanksgiving to test.

My Test results.png

Test station
IMG_5581.JPG

I was looking at on of my turbos this morning and boy they are getting big. I have two and they are about 3.5 years old.
IMG_5579.JPG

IMG_5580.JPG

I love that froot loops monti, so pretty. everything's looking awesome buddy ;)

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me likely. I am a sucker for new toys.
My likely lot, if you did not see, I edited your question post above with a close up and tip pricing

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My Test results.png

Test station
IMG_5581.JPG

IMG_5579.JPG

IMG_5580.JPG

I like looking at this bowfront, it gives me great placement ideas for mine. It aslo gives me something to strive for!

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that froot loops monti, so pretty. everything's looking awesome buddy ;)

Thank you Zach, I really want to see the tank in 3 months and 6 months. Everything should be back to where is was in the spring, but larger;)

I was doing some reading today, and after all the cyano battles that I have @saltyfilmfolks had a post about vitamin C feeding cyano. I stopped feed vitamin C this week with my food batch for two reasons. They cyano is coming back. Not feeding the cyano is starting to go away again. This one I am going to have to play with. My nutrients are also low and they will have to come up a bit also. But I think @saltyfilmfolks is on to something:)

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like looking at this bowfront, it gives me great placement ideas for mine. It aslo gives me something to strive for!

Not to kill it off every 6 months?:eek::D:D:D

Thank you. I am going to let the system coast now and look at putting together a seconded system. The system will be in my kitchen area when I finish the remodel.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Zach, I really want to see the tank in 3 months and 6 months. Everything should be back to where is was in the spring, but larger;)

I was doing some reading today, and after all the cyano battles that I have @saltyfilmfolks had a post about vitamin C feeding cyano. I stopped feed vitamin C this week with my food batch for two reasons. They cyano is coming back. Not feeding the cyano is starting to go away again. This one I am going to have to play with. My nutrients are also low and they will have to come up a bit also. But I think @saltyfilmfolks is on to something:)
The mysis i feed contains vitamin c, and I have a green cyano problem hmmmmmmo_O

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That thing is great!!

Yep,
Vitamin-C is a form of carbon dosing and it's bacteria fuel.
Time to get some new food lol

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clueless... :confused:, Zach

LRS - Reef Frenzy, over here!!

Screenshot (61).png

:)
Only problem is nobody around me sells it and to have it shipped to my home costs a small fortune. Otherwise I'd LOVE to feed lrs

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back