OP
jsker

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats all mixed up in there? I have considered starting to do this.
Reef food recipe.png

Put together a vid for you:)

Attachments

• Reef food recipe.PDF
    197.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about the tank look are you not happy with?

I am just not having the growth I used to have, I would say that I am just being impatient. I finally have the parameter settled down for the past two weeks and the usual cyano battle is grinding my gears to put it nicely;)

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks Im going to do something like that, I have a boat load of stuff getting burned in the freezer. That white fish from the great lakes or a generic term for other than red fish:p the cats were a nice touch

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp, I got all caught up in one sitting :eek::eek: Looks great, cool to see all the progress over three years! Oooh, and the bread post made me really hungry!

This is a monumental task:rolleyes::D
Here one for you, BLT on fresh sourdough sandwich bread
2DSNRcbeQr+Y%fu1ZLWtug.jpg

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks Im going to do something like that, I have a boat load of stuff getting burned in the freezer. That white fish from the great lakes or a generic term for other than red fish:p the cats were a nice touch

;Hilarious;Hilarious I need to get video when I am breaking up Alaskan King crab legs. Man the go crazy. The thing is, with cat one has to be careful how much they eat. It can cause problem with there urinary tract.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterdays and today numbers. Changed some of the bio media and the nitrates dropped. Working on the phosphates. Started dosing GFO again along with lanthanum to get down the phosphates.
Tank test results.PNG

Last edited:
OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ran the number this morning
Tank test results.PNG

Going to make up some 1+2+3+ and I can start dosing the Mg in +3 again
Changed out the lifebiofil Saturday and the nitrates have come down to a 3 to 5 ppm I am guessings. I am using the ELOS nitrate test and the test result are on the lighter side of 5 but not a 2.5. I need to working on the phosphates.
IMG_5558.JPG

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is Saturday afternoon, and here are the lucky numbers
Tank test results.PNG

bump up the alk with a direct dose. I will check again tomorrow afternoon. After tomorrow parameter check and depending on the Mg test I may adjust the Mg up to 1400. I am happy to see the alk starting to be consumed again, this to means that the system could be finally past the recovery mode and growth mode. I will get some full tank video and shots tomorrow, and go into the production studio to do some production work. That mean to ask the Mrs. if I can use the Mac:eek:

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I though NSW salinity was 35 not 33

Yes. Natural sea water is 35ppt, but New Salt Water in my reservoir was 33 today;).
And if your tank is at 32, isn't that a little low?

Yes. I made the corrections, via adding more salt and dosing KH buffer. I will be checking parameters to make sure I am on track. I will also be checking the phosphates and nitrates. I pulled the filter socks to get the nutrients in line.

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you considered maybe something like an ATS for your tank jsker?

I only ask because I know you're space limited and the Algae thing. I'm watching you try to track PO4 all over the place, from dosing to lower them, GFO, then offline to raise them...etc.

It all just seems like an awful lot of effort and chasing for something that IMO would level itself out if you had some type of macro growing to help keep things in line. 2 pennies as always.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you considered maybe something like an ATS for your tank jsker?

Auto top-off system?? I have one plus the auto water change system.

. I'm watching you try to track PO4 all over the place, from dosing to lower them, GFO, then offline to raise them...etc.

I had everything riding along really nicely until April when I change over to the auto water change. For the past 6 months I have been adjusting the parameters with adjustments of the amount of water that I am changing, kind of the reason that I am chasing numbers again.

It all just seems like an awful lot of effort and chasing for something that IMO would level itself out if you had some type of macro growing to help keep things in line. 2 pennies as always.

To be quite upfront, you have great points. You know the old saying about opinions? I value everyone's, for the reason someone will help me with my goal. The big issue is the cyano over the years. I have have some time to try to figure out my exact cause. I seem to get rid of the cyano and bam, spring rolls around and I have it back. I am wondering if the cyano is being introduced back in to the system from outside with the purchase of new corals or is it just a nutrient issue?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back