My 75G starfire display refugium feeding by gravity my 150G starfire reef tank build up

OP
OP
basile

basile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Refugium update

Well i heard their was seahorses at MLFS so i got a replacement female for my tank. Hopefully this one wont be beat up by the male and my couples will mate, don't know why it hasn't happened yet, maybe i'm playing the wrong music....

2020.jpg

2019.jpg

2018.jpg

2017.jpg

2016.jpg

2015.jpg

tumblr_ms8kg0CjfJ1s4ksh0o1_400.gif

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful seahorse! Good luck with her. I am starting to plan a build for dwarf seahorses and attempt at breeding. You know of any good sources online for dwarfs?

OP
OP
basile

basile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new video

New video

[video=youtube;OaTZKVq17AU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaTZKVq17AU&index=7&list=PLk_Pw-jAYdFfzK1jNhN7rAilGwHaEzvH5[/video]

OP
OP
basile

basile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My refugium Update

5 months 18 days ago

The Refugium

[video=youtube;MyNZPDo7Rgs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyNZPDo7Rgs&list=PLk_Pw-jAYdFfzK1jNhN7rAilGwHaEzvH5&index=8[/video]

tumblr_mxkx99MBOo1t63td7o1_250.gif

OP
OP
basile

basile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful! I love the Seahorses in there too, do they ever breed?

Thanks, its my first functioning pairs, i have 2 couples in there. Not sure what is required for them to engage, from what i've red their's a moon cycle involve and my lighting is not program as such , so i'm not expecting they'll breed no. Besides its a very difficult nursing process and i'm not really into it. Thanks for your interest.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome!

OP
OP
basile

basile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks much appreciated.

Yes i'm actually in aw that everything is going so well, minus a few misses, but on the whole its great. I didn't want to go too complicated . I want a tank to enjoy it. Simple things, not too demanding, my tank design had a wavebox incorporated in it so i chose corals that would mostly sway in the current and give the most effect.

I wanted to stay away from the supper stocked coral tank where their's no room to move for the fish as well i like to see the rock texture too, like in real nature.

My fuge is a big hit with most people . I've coverted a lot of people actually. Many have changed their plans to have a display fuge now. Most only think of fuge as a refuge for bad crabs and chaeto only, but when they see the potential for a full ecosystem the perception changes dramastically. Then they want one. The parameters need to be address then when you maintain a fully stocked refugium because the demands on the system changes. Mainely Phosphates, nitrates and iron demands.

By the way check this 20 000 gallon private home tank here; longer version here.

Largest Private Reef Aquarium in North America - Bing Videos

Bill Wann wanted a challenge, so he designed a 20,000 gallon reef aquarium himself. From the filters to the pumps, he built everything at home in his shop. The tank is so large, that the only way to clean it is jump in with scuba gear.
Date: 2/10/14 Views: 233091
Video by: Coolest Thing

or here

[video=youtube;xZ1B9s9j0Is]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ1B9s9j0Is[/video]​

Last edited:
OP
OP
basile

basile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally hosting

I finally have clowns that host my carpet Nem, the pictures are not the best because its the end of the photoperiod but here they are.It took 5 min for them to jump in the nem lol enought to tell other fish BITE ME LOL.

031.jpg

030.jpg

029.jpg

1234682_10151849353796692_1989140773_n.jpg

OP
OP
basile

basile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New clarkii and their carpet purple anemone

New pictures of my new guys in their nem, lol

007.jpg

006-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

My nem was healthy, but since they moved in she seem to have perked up up even more, they've cleaned her up , even under her mantle as well

OP
OP
basile

basile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some developements

Rough month ; the carpet nem took my Yellow tang , and i lost my yellow wrasse to a somersault outside fluidic space and it dried up on the newly installed terracotta from Italia..... very ******....on both counts. The latter was doing a bang up job with the flatworms in my fuge grrrrr.

Anyway, got new recruits;

Helmo here;Yellow tang, very skinny....

079.jpg

Harry the second to replace Harry the first ;Yellow wrasse again....

074.jpg

and the Red dwarf, in the main tank, he was so funny and cute and needed a home.Flame hawfish great personnality.

076.jpg

Also i build up the cats walkway a bit further this week.

089.jpg

088.jpg

087.jpg

086.jpg

085.jpg

Photo869.jpg

Photo904.jpg

and rescued a bubble tip nem, now she's actually much better, she's deep orange with pink and green tips really nice;

073.jpg

OP
OP
basile

basile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished my condo floors too

Finally finish renovating the condo, floors, ceilings and walls, without moving and without killing my back in the process, which i have a displace disk, by the way.

005.jpg

006.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

007.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

Photo153.jpg

The hallway when i was building up lol

Photo026-1.jpg

Photo153.jpg

I had never touched terracotta before just tried my hand with it. The secret i was told by the handyman at Rona was not to try to put things straight, because all the tiles are handmade in Italie by different company so they're not all the same sizes , so you go crazy if you try. So a rustic look is innevitable and thats was my aim anyway. Looks very cool and very clean easy to take care too. Broom or vaccumm, and a wet mop. has a 7 year coating on it, can't be stained or chiped very hard and resistant.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks great!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 67 74.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back