My 90 Gallon Mixed Reef (I Love DIY Projects)

OP
OP
lofty78

lofty78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too lte on the turkey baster.... :( that was done earlier this eve

OP
OP
lofty78

lofty78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay I did 40 drops in 1 gallon of tank water and have timer set for 10 minutes. Thats based on the Lugol Method... I could not find any application for my iodide.

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that on the acan. The stuff u r using is not as strong as lugols . Damaged corals can also be dipped in Revive coral cleaner too.
If u have that on hand .My acans r no joke .I let it get near my baby's breath Favia n burn't it pretty good .Lost about 6 eyes .

Sent from my Moto HD on Jelly Bean

OP
OP
lofty78

lofty78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had them in the middle of the tank.... when I placed them back in, I set it closer to the top so I can access them easier in case I need to do another dip Do you think this is going to be a problem... too much of s shock? The MH lights dont go on until 3:00 pm. I'll pick up some Lugols today. I left them in the dip for 15 minutes last night and agitated the water with the coral to shake off any remaining jelly in the bucket. It looks like it's been contained to the one on the right seen in the picture.

OP
OP
lofty78

lofty78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of new adds....

IMG_7189_zps9af40389.jpg

IMG_7188_zps1265a83e.jpg

IMG_7185_zps8498ef69.jpg

IMG_7186_zpse2fb9c2c.jpg

My light and water sensor modules for my home alarm system should be coming soon... excited to put that all together :bigsmile:

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice additions .
Yah IMHO too much light . I always keep mine near the sand bed or no higher than 1/3 up from the bottom of the tank

OP
OP
lofty78

lofty78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice additions .
Yah IMHO too much light . I always keep mine near the sand bed or no higher than 1/3 up from the bottom of the tank

Shoot..... well, there goes that Idea.... i thought chalice were light lovers.....any suggestions on some good encrusting corals that would like that spot?

soutzee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow i just went through your whole thread beautiful thing you got going there. PRops on that. one question. the levers that look like the suspension system of a car trunk that you have on the canopy doors is it that or whta did you use seems like an awsome idea for a friend. can u please link me to any store selling it.

OP
OP
lofty78

lofty78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow i just went through your whole thread beautiful thing you got going there. PRops on that. one question. the levers that look like the suspension system of a car trunk that you have on the canopy doors is it that or whta did you use seems like an awsome idea for a friend. can u please link me to any store selling it.

I bought them from an online marine (boat) supplier... you need to make sure what you get will resist corrosion from sea water...I ordered the brackets from them as well, but I can't remember where exactly I got them.... you need to measure your full extension of the door, but I think I just bought the smallest ones they got and hoped for the best.

OP
OP
lofty78

lofty78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

By the way..... THANK YOU SO MUCH :love: I've been waiting soo long to heat a reply like this... not just here, but on other forums... I have arrived!!! :humble:

OP
OP
lofty78

lofty78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light and Water sensors cam in today!!! Now to figure out how I want this all to go together....ie with the ADJ power panel and the back up power I have for the main pump...hopefully I can get some time this weekend to get some ideas together :bigsmile:

Attachments

• IMG_5490.JPG
    IMG_5490.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 172

soutzee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you are welcome props given where they are due. but can u please answer me about the things that hold your canopy doors up that i ask you earlier?

OP
OP
lofty78

lofty78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you are welcome props given where they are due. but can u please answer me about the things that hold your canopy doors up that i ask you earlier?
it's on page 5.... last post I think.... I'll do some research and see if I can find exactly what I got.

OP
OP
lofty78

lofty78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

soutzee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sprry about that my phone was acting funny not showing all the post dont ask me why it did it i have no clue it even hides my posts lol. im sorry to bother by making you post it twice. thanks a lot for the link and the help i really appreciate it.:xd:

OP
OP
lofty78

lofty78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sprry about that my phone was acting funny not showing all the post dont ask me why it did it i have no clue it even hides my posts lol. im sorry to bother by making you post it twice. thanks a lot for the link and the help i really appreciate it.:xd:

No Broblemt... now that I think of it.. I think my extended was 7.5 inch... but I really think I called them and had them tell me what I needed based on what I was telling them... unless you know how to measure for them, I recommend contacting them with you application.

OP
OP
lofty78

lofty78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light modules are programmed, got the electrical torn down and new GFCI installed went with 15 amp instead of 20 as I was unsure of how far the 14ga wire ran to the box... I had thought it was real short to the box as it is on the other side of the wall (14 ga would not be code, but was told it was safe if the run was very short) Since the only upgrade I would be making with serious wattage use would be to LEDs and that would actually be less wattage than I'm using now, I figured I would be fine with 15 amp...I did test run the whole system before I torn town the electrical on the GFCI and it was working fine. Right now I just got the main pump, and my seio 1100s running with my LED moonlights. I hope I get some time tonight to get most of it back online... but I got some work to get done 1st. Pics will come after I get it all up and running :bigsmile:

OP
OP
lofty78

lofty78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grrr... the rubberized paint on the acrylic sheets needs to dry... so I'm holding off until tomorrow, but I have a thourogh plan on how the control center will be organized.... pending everything fits.... I can't check fit because the acrylic is trill drying...anyways... what do you think? I might be inclined to set up my ASUS tablet for the lighting control (accessible via Andriod app) and keeping a log... I bet there is an app for that too :xd:

It's my version of an aqua controller....without the levels monitors... again... maybe later... I could also add another power switch panel under the existing if needed.

Here is my Schematic..... Comments?

Attachments

• Power Control Center.jpg
    Power Control Center.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 155
  • Power Control Center.jpg
    Power Control Center.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 162

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 59 42.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 68 48.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.6%
Back