My 90 gallon upgrade

Hilltopreef90

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 23, 2021
Messages
722
Reaction score
199
Location
Jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the process of cycling a 90 gallon aquarium with a 25 gallon sump, it’s week 3 of cycling
I began the cycle with 50+ pounds of caribe sea Arag alive reef sand 40 pounds of special grade and the rest Fiji pink
Lots of dry rock( I didn’t weigh and can’t begin to guess the amount I used)
I have a gen 2 and gen 3 eco tech radion XR30, a hygger DC pump, red octopus 110 int protein skimmer, and a do aqua auto top off.
I’ll be upgrading from a 28 gallon cube, I’ve never had a tank larger than a 30 gallon or with a sump so I’m excited to start adding my fish and corals to my new tank.
I plan on starting a refugium with chaeto once the aquarium is up and going as well as adding additional equipment, I’m planning on adding 2 MP40’s into my main tank and a refugium light and small nano powerhead in the sump.
I’ve moved some inverts into the 90 gallon and hope to move the fish in the next week or so.

​


FBB2A194-4E79-4A6F-B517-1E43AC7C156D.jpeg 748C006B-69D5-43D1-B13D-7E764DDAAFB8.jpeg
 
I’m in the process of cycling a 90 gallon aquarium with a 25 gallon sump, it’s week 3 of cycling
I began the cycle with 50+ pounds of caribe sea Arag alive reef sand 40 pounds of special grade and the rest Fiji pink
Lots of dry rock( I didn’t weigh and can’t begin to guess the amount I used)
I have a gen 2 and gen 3 eco tech radion XR30, a hygger DC pump, red octopus 110 int protein skimmer, and a do aqua auto top off.
I’ll be upgrading from a 28 gallon cube, I’ve never had a tank larger than a 30 gallon or with a sump so I’m excited to start adding my fish and corals to my new tank.
I plan on starting a refugium with chaeto once the aquarium is up and going as well as adding additional equipment, I’m planning on adding 2 MP40’s into my main tank and a refugium light and small nano powerhead in the sump.
I’ve moved some inverts into the 90 gallon and hope to move the fish in the next week or so.

​


FBB2A194-4E79-4A6F-B517-1E43AC7C156D.jpeg 748C006B-69D5-43D1-B13D-7E764DDAAFB8.jpeg
It’s always my favourite part to see new tanks and ask this question:
What fish are you planning?
 
I already have a pair of designer clowns, one black one orange, a watchman goby, Royal gramma and a lawnmower blenny
My wish list is
In order of how I plan to add them
Sixline
Tailspot / Midas
PJ Cardinal

Foxface
Coral beauty
Yellow Coris

Carpenter
Red velvet
Scott’s
Naoko

Blue spot
Mandarin
Purple tang
 
Can you have a second wrasse with the sixline I ask because I have a sixline wrasse in my tank and would like to add a second wrasse at some time
 
Can you have a second wrasse with the sixline I ask because I have a sixline wrasse in my tank and would like to add a second wrasse at some time
I don’t recommend it, the genus that are known as the lined wrasse are VERY aggressive when they’re older and shouldn’t be mixed with other wrasse - They can and most likely will kill that second wrasse unless they are added in last.
 
Thanks that is what I have read before.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 25.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new