My 90 gallon upgrade

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the process of cycling a 90 gallon aquarium with a 25 gallon sump, it’s week 3 of cycling
I began the cycle with 50+ pounds of caribe sea Arag alive reef sand 40 pounds of special grade and the rest Fiji pink
Lots of dry rock( I didn’t weigh and can’t begin to guess the amount I used)
I have a gen 2 and gen 3 eco tech radion XR30, a hygger DC pump, red octopus 110 int protein skimmer, and a do aqua auto top off.
I’ll be upgrading from a 28 gallon cube, I’ve never had a tank larger than a 30 gallon or with a sump so I’m excited to start adding my fish and corals to my new tank.
I plan on starting a refugium with chaeto once the aquarium is up and going as well as adding additional equipment, I’m planning on adding 2 MP40’s into my main tank and a refugium light and small nano powerhead in the sump.
I’ve moved some inverts into the 90 gallon and hope to move the fish in the next week or so.

FBB2A194-4E79-4A6F-B517-1E43AC7C156D.jpeg 748C006B-69D5-43D1-B13D-7E764DDAAFB8.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the process of cycling a 90 gallon aquarium with a 25 gallon sump, it’s week 3 of cycling
I began the cycle with 50+ pounds of caribe sea Arag alive reef sand 40 pounds of special grade and the rest Fiji pink
Lots of dry rock( I didn’t weigh and can’t begin to guess the amount I used)
I have a gen 2 and gen 3 eco tech radion XR30, a hygger DC pump, red octopus 110 int protein skimmer, and a do aqua auto top off.
I’ll be upgrading from a 28 gallon cube, I’ve never had a tank larger than a 30 gallon or with a sump so I’m excited to start adding my fish and corals to my new tank.
I plan on starting a refugium with chaeto once the aquarium is up and going as well as adding additional equipment, I’m planning on adding 2 MP40’s into my main tank and a refugium light and small nano powerhead in the sump.
I’ve moved some inverts into the 90 gallon and hope to move the fish in the next week or so.

FBB2A194-4E79-4A6F-B517-1E43AC7C156D.jpeg 748C006B-69D5-43D1-B13D-7E764DDAAFB8.jpeg
It’s always my favourite part to see new tanks and ask this question:
What fish are you planning?

OP
OP
Hilltopreef90

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already have a pair of designer clowns, one black one orange, a watchman goby, Royal gramma and a lawnmower blenny
My wish list is
In order of how I plan to add them
Sixline
Tailspot / Midas
PJ Cardinal

Foxface
Coral beauty
Yellow Coris

Carpenter
Red velvet
Scott’s
Naoko

Blue spot
Mandarin
Purple tang

trainbob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you have a second wrasse with the sixline I ask because I have a sixline wrasse in my tank and would like to add a second wrasse at some time

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you have a second wrasse with the sixline I ask because I have a sixline wrasse in my tank and would like to add a second wrasse at some time
I don’t recommend it, the genus that are known as the lined wrasse are VERY aggressive when they’re older and shouldn’t be mixed with other wrasse - They can and most likely will kill that second wrasse unless they are added in last.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back