My 900 gallon "dream" is coming to life!!

OP
OP
Reef_Hobbyist

Reef_Hobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I happen to be using Google Chrome and since these pics are on Google Photos that may be why it seems to be working for me.

However, I just tried Internet Explorer and I cannot see the images there even when I login to R2R with my ID it still doesn't display the images.

So it sounds like it is a browser issue and Google is not playing nicely with Microsoft... as usual.... :eek:

From now on I will download pics and add them as attachments.

If you wouldn't mind, please try Chrome and let me know if you can see the images.

abecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same as APLATN13, on chrome and no images. @Reef_Hobbyist, if you can log in to your google account in IE and then try going to see the photos in the thread, it may be a permissions issue with the photos.

OP
OP
Reef_Hobbyist

Reef_Hobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK I was able to recreate it in Chrome as well. I logged out of my Google account and was not able to see the images like you. So it is not a browser issue it is a permissions issue. I tinkered around but couldn't find a place where I can change permissions on who can see photos. And not sure why it was working fine for over a month.

abecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried embedding them with the sharable link? If you choose a photo and click share, there is an option to get a sharable link.

abecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another option is adding the google photos to your google drive. It will add it as a folder. From there you can edit security settings on that folder and make it publicly viewable.

OP
OP
Reef_Hobbyist

Reef_Hobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posting pics as attachments....

20151005_151119.jpg
20151005_151314.jpg

OP
OP
Reef_Hobbyist

Reef_Hobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sand arrived today. I ended up going with the CaribeSea Special Grade - 8 bags / 40 lbs each. I decided the live sand just wasn't worth the extra cost given the large amount I needed. I got these for $40/bag.

I rinsed a small batch and it was pretty cloudy. I can tell it's going to take many hours and a lot of water to rinse all of if. I originally wanted to use RODI but not sure that is feasible given how much water I am going to need.

I selected the larger grain size because I am going to have a lot of flow on the bottom of the tank. I also like the texture and color as well.

20151008_195631.jpg

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good choice on washing the sand. It takes a ton of water to get all the dust and particles from the sand! I agree that using RO/DI is pretty unrealistic due to the volume. You can always run carbon and GFO once the sand is in to remove any impurities.

diemaker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glad you got pics sorted out I actually joined reef2reef to follow your build

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 96 44.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 100 46.1%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 21 9.7%
Back