OP
Sundiego

Sundiego

addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
secret, revs, ddiver, palan Thanks all!!!! Its taken sometime to collect all of these. I few of the colonies I have had for over 3 years.

Sexy thanks for the nice acans I got from you, they are doing great!!!!!

...and Dan thanks for all the tips on my lighting, I cant wait for these suckers to turn into colonies!!!!!

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bit off topic,but what is the thickness of the acrylic used to build that tank?

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice setup and pieces :)

You wrote:
Lights are sunlight supply t5 commercial unit same as tek I believe, but has only one plug for all 8 bulbs. All bulbs are on for 7 hrs a day. Lights are 32" above water line, and acans are on bottom of 10" tank.

Sounds like my setup, t5's high above the water acans on the bottom of a 10" tank. I think you will really like the long term results with this setup. Feeding is very easy with such a shallow tank and the light so high above it. Sounds like your feeding regularly too. Are your acans growing explosively??? I like your style man. Lets do some trades! :)

OP
OP
Sundiego

Sundiego

addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx hwnt!

Hey tenacious the frag I got from you is doing great, the colors are just insane now.

Clowns the tank is 1/2" Thick, it does have a lot of iternal bracing which you can see in the pics... Rimless but not braceless.

Hey Alpha I love the fact that I can hand feed so easily, and the growth so far is amazing, they love the light up high. I would love to trade sometime, I really want them to encrust the new rocks first though then I'm all about making some trades! Thanks for the nice comments.

Mark

chappy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice acans
curious why you dont hang the brs reactors on the inside in case of a leak
also it looked like a few had a tad bit of bryopsis might want to nip that now
that stuff is like herpes ...you know the gift that keeps on giving

OP
OP
Sundiego

Sundiego

addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx Chappy-The brs reactors are mounted on the outside for easier access. They are rated for 80+ psi so running about 2 psi they have very little chance of leaking. These things are built like tanks.

I did have some small amts of ha, but not bryopsis from my experience. I had a huge outbreak of the dreaded bryopsis in my old sps tank and boy was it a pita to get rid of. You have some good eyes. Killing me with the herps analogy.

The little ha I had/have has been dwindling, thx for the heads up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sundiego

Sundiego

addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey chappy- Well I took a closer look tonight and you may be right on the small amts of bryopsis. Im getting on this asap. Its really hard to tell, but Im not taking any chances. Thank you

barbianj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice collection and clean set-up! You answered my question about lighting before I asked it. I noticed in your pictures that the light was high up. I recently upgraded to a 6 bulb TEK, and with new bulbs I ended up 36" over the substrate and only run four bulbs. Can't believe how much light the TEK's put out. Anyway, your setup looks great, it'll be interesting to see the growth you get.

OP
OP
Sundiego

Sundiego

addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some recent pics, besides the flatworms(need a wrasse) everything has been going great!

Still figuring out my camera.......

Here is some more lps ****.

P1013435.jpg

P1013434.jpg

P1013433.jpg

P1013432.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back