My acantophyllia deflated

  • Thread starter Thread starter Demmy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Demmy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2019
Messages
16
Reaction score
8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all..
Is there any explanation why my donut suddenly shrinking?
Used to be inflated / deflated following light schedule.
In the last 3 weeks its been suddenly deflated at noon.

My parameter:
No3 : 2-5ppm
Po4 : 0.25 ppm
Kh 7.3
Mg 1350
Ca 390
20220725_152924.jpg
 
Very fleshy lps deflate when expelling waste. Did anything come out of the mouth?
 
Very fleshy lps deflate when expelling waste. Did anything come out of the mouth?
It didnt... im rarely feeding my donuts. Usually once every 2 weeks with roids & mysis. Since its been acting up, i didnt feed them
 
How long have you had this one? Are those mushrooms by it?
1.5yrs, yup, discosoma, bounce and florida. Should I move the donuts further away? When its inflated, it didnt touch any of them.. its a small donut
 
It may have caught some food. Topic aside. I highly recommend you feed it. I have lost my first and learnt an expensive lesson
 
It may have caught some food. Topic aside. I highly recommend you feed it. I have lost my first and learnt an expensive lesson
Yup, just feed roid today, let's see how it goes in couple days.
 
You say suddenly deflated at noon for 3 weeks.
What happens around noon, light, dosing…..
 
You say suddenly deflated at noon for 3 weeks.
What happens around noon, light, dosing….
Nothing happen. After work its always deflated.
I do dosing in the morning. Polyplab acid, genesis, and plus.
After work, I usually dose nyos active iodine / nyos active elements.
Thats about it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new