My acro collection aka my obsession

larangcon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RIP, as in it RTN'd :(

That's too bad, this has a real potential to be one of the best out there, you can almost see the colors that will turn into something special

That's what I call RNJ Cataclysm- presently in recovery mode but alive and well- rough times in the Junkies reef last year 1st quarter :(

larangcon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cell phone pic
acad44ad2302c4589631a945c6709e37.jpg
Do you have a name for this one

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MattV Orange Envy lots of frags sold off that colony before it died so its out there.
Still see frags going for 300-350 shipped.

The Psycho Asylum of his (That I do have :) ) is nicer IMO amd Ive had nearly all Matts pieces pass through my tanks.

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG that is just beautiful, is it maricultured? Fantastic image as well!

Thanks!
Top picture is a wild piece and the bottom I believe came from a mari piece I got a few years ago. Trying to work out some photography bugs ( me... I'm the bug, I'm STILL trying to figure this out) some pics come out fine others are pure garbage but I learn by trial and error, lots of errors
LOL

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice piece! Looks like you're getting some great pics to me!

2Sunny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Brad,

Joe Peck here. Longtime reefer in NY. Sadly I had a tank crash this winter due to a power outage/ generator failure. I'm in rebuild mode and came across this thread whilst looking for a couple particular corals. I'm planning on having just 4 or 5 colonies in my DT and letting them grow big.

Anyways to the point right . . . First, your skills as a reefkeeper and a photographer are fantastic. Great job and thanks for sharing! Second, I'm looking for a piece of Oregon Tort, Ice Fire, Upscale Mirco, GB SSC Sarmentosa, and I'd love a piece of the pink polyped coral above, but it looks like that guy is small.

I'm in no rush and actually off on vacation for a couple weeks so I'd be looking at late August early September for an order, but I'd be willing to pay top dollar for everything.

Sorry about posting here. I admit to old guy lack of savy on tech stuff and had to resort to posting on the thread rather than sending a PM as I couldn't find the PM link anywhere.

Feel free to respond in whatever way is best for you PM, email, whatever.

Thanks a bunch!

Joe

p e c k j a at a o l dot c o m

Here's a shot of my tank at it's zenith :D

fts_5.jpg

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be posting some updates but not until probably next weekend at the earliest.

Something unknown took a toll on my collection last year. I spent months trouble shooting all the while losing acro after acro.

Probably lost 40-50 percent of my collection could be more or less, I dont care to do the math LOL

Good news is all is better now (knock on wood) so it seems and the great rebuild of 2019 has started.

I think I've added 50-60 pieces amd now the nurturing begins again

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.4%
Back