My aquatic journey

1690074523081.jpeg
 
Hey! Thank you! Is there a specific name? I will be honest, I was told to be careful with them when given them as they can produce toxin so I try to never touch them, which is the rule for almost all my Coral. I place and leave. Thank you again!
I’ve only heard them referred to as green palythoa. I believe they grow well and are easy to care for. You might want to keep them and your zoas on a rock island so they don’t take over your rock scape. Here is my island.
0DB05A6C-9A7C-4053-96F5-EB8AD26B3C60.jpeg
 
I’ve only heard them referred to as green palythoa. I believe they grow well and are easy to care for. You might want to keep them and your zoas on a rock island so they don’t take over your rock scape. Here is my island.
0DB05A6C-9A7C-4053-96F5-EB8AD26B3C60.jpeg
Thank you! That looks awesome! So this is a planned scape at the top of the peak of my rocks with the paly and zoa, I want them to take over the top rock. They are actually transplants from my original colony which is on a nice rock on the sandbed as you mentioned. It was one of my first Corals, off a $5 plug and is now a softball sized colony in the front of my display (pic 1)

20230723_105931.jpg 20230723_105934.jpg
 
Thank you! That looks awesome! So this is a planned scape at the top of the peak of my rocks with the paly and zoa, I want them to take over the top rock. They are actually transplants from my original colony which is on a nice rock on the sandbed as you mentioned. It was one of my first Corals, off a $5 plug and is now a softball sized colony in the front of my display (pic 1)

20230723_105931.jpg 20230723_105934.jpg
They will definitely cover the top of your rock, can’t wait to see it in a year!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
Welcome.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new