My Betta Has fin rot

mgonzales7060

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dumbo fin betta has fin rot ive only had him for a month, i did change his water a lot he is in a 5 gallon tank. I am really upset, i changed his water becauase i had not touched it in 3 weeks. He does have an aquarium co op filter and i had him in a one gallon bowl while i cleaned his tank and I put the amount it said and left him overnight while i let his clean tank run. I got betta fix this morning but i feel like it made it worse than the salt, which i think did help. i did see bleeding on his fins after the betta fix. I put him in his clean tank that does have the correct amount of aquarium salt. he is still very lively and feisty, his hunger has not gone away. Any other recommendations?

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a Saltwater, freshwater, and brakish water keeper i can tell you that my bettas i bred caught fin rot. I suggest a bigger tank around 10 gallons, feed garlic foods, quick dip in any general medication like API stuff.
My dumbo fin betta has fin rot ive only had him for a month, i did change his water a lot he is in a 5 gallon tank. I am really upset, i changed his water becauase i had not touched it in 3 weeks. He does have an aquarium co op filter and i had him in a one gallon bowl while i cleaned his tank and I put the amount it said and left him overnight while i let his clean tank run. I got betta fix this morning but i feel like it made it worse than the salt, which i think did help. i did see bleeding on his fins after the betta fix. I put him in his clean tank that does have the correct amount of aquarium salt. he is still very lively and feisty, his hunger has not gone away. Any other recommendations?

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In smaller tanks I find Bettas are more prone to disease. I breed Koi Plakats and I Find that they NEED a minimum of 5 gallons but do better in 10. API General cure would help and an immediate tank change/QT into a bigger tank would be nice. While it does not help I find they enjoy tanned water from wood and plants to swim in between. My main betta has a planted tank and has been disease free for 4 years now!

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Sorry about the Beta - we’ve all been there. Great to see your care and attention.

33247777-7245-4B4E-BE9A-796BB2E3C14E.gif

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back