OP
S

sticksxx84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 2 days of building the stand connecting plumbing attaching sump, refmat, lights, wave maker, doser, slide out shelf and so on. The tank is up and running. I was also given a bio bomb of my fish guys sponge from one of his tanks. Let the cycle begin.

OP
OP
S

sticksxx84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
601FFAEF-7B24-452F-966A-C3FD0721ED58.jpeg

OP
OP
S

sticksxx84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One week in now and still no measurable ammonia. When does that spike usually occur?

OP
OP
S

sticksxx84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Matty Ice. I added 2.5 tbsp of Dr Tim’s ammonium chloride and 8 oz of Dr Tim’s all in one nitrifying bacteria. Finally I have ammonia but now cannot seem to get nitrites to spike. Nor do I have any nitrate either. My ammonia hit between 2 and 4 ppm and then dropped down to about .5 ppm. I then added another tbsp of ammonium chloride to get ammonia back up to 2 ppm. Still no Nitrite or nitrate. 3 weeks tomorrow. Ideas?

OP
OP
S

sticksxx84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When did you dose the ammonia and Dr. Tim’s? What test kit are you using? Fleece Matt, Skimmer or UV I have no lights on and
API test kit. I first dosed ammonium chloride Saturday 11/26 and 4 oz all in one Sunday 11/27. No lights or skimmer. I had my roller Matt going though so I assume the bacteria got gobbled up by the reefMatt. I only measured ammonia and no nitrite or nitrates. One week later I dosed ammonium chloride back up to 2-3 ppm and dumped in 8 oz of all in one. That was Friday 12/2. Again no lights and no reefmatt this time. Skimmer is running though. It has now been 48 hours and the ammonia is dropping (1ppm) but still no nitrite or nitrate.

OP
OP
S

sticksxx84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is running good. 2 clowns and a frog spawn and a Zoa. Looking to add another fish. Ideas?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back