My cade build

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I realize my build may b small but I'm very proud of it and looking forward to another journey. This time I'll bring everyone along but pics will have to wait until delivery. So we are putting in the cade 600 s 70 gal system . 57 gal. display. We have a pair of rossmount 1200 w controller. I know they kick out a lot but they are completely controllable w ramp up and down. I think they'll work out. Next is lighting. I'll have to upgrade but like the hybrid idea so I've got my kessil 160 blue w controller and I'm adding a 2 bar t5 ho light. We need to get the kessil swivel attachment so we can place the t5 on back side of tank and extend led past it and hopefully get good spread of both lights. Next I guess is the skimmer the aquamax f 80 was recommended and the price is awesome at 170$ but if anyone has a better idea w as good a price please let me now as I haven't bought one yet. We have 45 pounds of rock to aquascape. Pink Fiji sand and if needed we have a reactor w bio spheres. Almost forgot, the return pump we have is the Coral box DC pump. Dca 4000. It puts out 1150 gph and several nice features. My wife has one on her tank and had a extra one she thoughtfully donated to the cause.I must add how great , thoughtful And forgiving a person and wife she is especially since this build was a spur of the moment buy without permission. Thank you love, and thanks for not grounding me longer. Okay everyone I think we're on the right path but that's our build so far. Would enjoy any input or ideas ,even product recommendations.

ReefSakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I know what you mean haha no one finds our measly systems interesting. I'm building a 80g sca system now. Finished gluing my aquascape together. Tonight I apply the marco400 cement thingy to permanently bond the structure. Check out my scape.

OP
OP
rusty hannon

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I know what you mean haha no one finds our measly systems interesting. I'm building a 80g sca system now. Finished gluing my aquascape together. Tonight I apply the marco400 cement thingy to permanently bond the structure. Check out my scape.
I agree , a lot of people prefer the bigger systems although I think ours are plenty. There are some fish I'd like to have n they need a larger one so I look at other fish. Keep me in the loop w you're build, I'd like to see it progress. Tomorrow I should b receiving my t5 and then I'll post some pics of my equipment. My cade is still in processing although I bought it the 12 of last month. Apparently they sold a lot of them and are still putting all the stuff together. I'm going to find you're scape now, just wanted to respond asap as I just saw you're reply. Grandson has had my phone all day. Lol

OP
OP
rusty hannon

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went to look at you're scape but don't know if I'm at the right place. I found a 66 g build and I believe its under you're handle but not sure. Tell me where to look, lm computer illiterate so need all the help I can get.lol

ReefSakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went to look at you're scape but don't know if I'm at the right place. I found a 66 g build and I believe its under you're handle but not sure. Tell me where to look, lm computer illiterate so need all the help I can get.lol
Yeah that should be it. About to start putting marco400 on all the glued joints

OP
OP
rusty hannon

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that should be it. About to start putting marco400 on all the glued joints
Awesome, what type of tank is that ? It looks cool as all get out, n if you're still collecting gear for it let me know. I've found some really great stuff at different places I've either been surprised by or impressed by.

ReefSakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, what type of tank is that ? It looks cool as all get out, n if you're still collecting gear for it let me know. I've found some really great stuff at different places I've either been surprised by or impressed by.
The tank is a sca 66g 32x24x20 and it is gonna be tricked out with apex and ecotech gear. You can see my gear list in my thread. Just waiting on a few more things to finish up the cabinet that will house the apex conteoller and mp40 controls.

OP
OP
rusty hannon

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is a sca 66g 32x24x20 and it is gonna be tricked out with apex and ecotech gear. You can see my gear list in my thread. Just waiting on a few more things to finish up the cabinet that will house the apex conteoller and mp40 controls.
Awesome, eager to see it

OP
OP
rusty hannon

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the new CADE aquarium is supposed to be delivered Monday! I'm very excited. I'm busy making sure the spot I have picked out is ready and I took a picture of the other equipment I have ready for it. I've attached it here. I'll post pictures Monday as I unpack and set up. More later...

Attachments

• CADE aquarium eq.jpg
    CADE aquarium eq.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 97
OP
OP
rusty hannon

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all just had my cade delivered and wow, its awesome. Its by far the heavyest tank and stand I've ever seen.can't imagine a bigger tank or how many people it takes to install.its late and we r tired so pics plumbing and possibily some rock scape tomorrow. Good night reefers

OP
OP
rusty hannon

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome , I'm sorry I haven't updated my build thread but I have been writing it as I GI but haven't posted yet. I love my cade and honestly broke a part on its plumbing and these 2amazeing girls at algae barn, Raven and Samantha , had me fixed up n going and are the cade people if you ever need help. They are awesome. I'm currently cycling my tank w the fritz 900 turbo and 6 days in I added anthropoids I'm still feeding. So ya there I'm 15 days on this cycle and honestly thinking of adding some real live rock to what I already have. I'll also have my wife do some pics also. I've completed the electrical and only parts I'm waiting for is a skimmer stand and I'm going to use a biopellet reactor and I'll update my parts list on my build thread. Thanks for watching and please send me your build as well. Its awesome building our little worlds and keeping different types of environment s.

OP
OP
rusty hannon

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, so sorry its been a while. I've purchased another high out put t5 so now I'm running my small kessil and 4. Bulbs. I'm very interested in several photsynthic corals.I used the rock and fritz system to begin cycling. I used the advanced system but took 3 times longer to cycle than my wife's Dr Tims method. I did add another bottle of fritz 900 after it did cycle. Really boosted the system. The cade is fabulous in all aspects except it needs a few more outlets. I'm currently waiting on 50 lbs more live rock from live rock n reef. Its been in the ocean for 23 years so very excited as to what pops up. My wife's got her new camera finally so pics will follow. I will also post a equipment list but are still buying n deciding. Thanks everyone for being patient. Never did a build thread. Just the build.lol more later

OP
OP
rusty hannon

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all.a little update on the cade build. Every thing with the tank is running perfect. The fishless cycle is complete and all # are perfect except the nitrate, and its a little high to my likening, .25. We added a small cleanup crew including 2small horse shoe crabs. Haven't lost any one, and ya I'll probably have to get rid of the horseshoe s to LFS when they get bigger but they are amazing cleaners and sifters. Tomorrow our shipment of live rock is coming. 50 lbs live, been in this particular man made reef for the past 23 years so am very excited as to what comes with in or on this rock. The oldest rock I've had in the past was around 12 years old and it was amazing. Fish and corals will follow once I've gone through the rock and have rid it of dead or dying. Should only b a few days to a week from past experience. As I've said before this is my first build thread and aren't real sure of what I'm doing so I'll just say I plan on posting this once I've added a few fish and corals. Hope that is what everyone is looking is looking for and if I've left something out or anyone has a question or comment just ask r tell. Until later happy reefing

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Following along :)

OP
OP
rusty hannon

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please update us on where you got the LR and please please post a bunch of LR rock pics. Cheers
no problem. the rock is coming from Florida , i purchased it from, live rock and reef, a guy named Bill, I believe he is the diver, they are diver direct. Ill start taking pics as soon as it comes in and daily until its clean and set up. should be a few days to get rid of what didnt make the journey.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 52 54.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 30 31.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back