My cadlights versa 42 mixed reef build

reefdreamers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so this has been a long time waiting. I recently ordered and set up a cadlights versa 42. My plans are to make it a mixed reef. As far as equipment goes I have the 16 gallon sump with stock return(that's going to change) and I am using a bubble magus nac 3.5 protein skimmer. My lighting is 165 watt LED reef lighting from ebay. My future plans for lighting is the current USA loop system but I need to save some dough. I have two 800 gph circulation pumps. I used the red Sea coral pro salt and will stick with it. I have a very shallow sand bed of Carib sea reef grade sand and my aquascape is aquamax dry rock(about 30 pounds or so). I hope y'all follow my build and check out my YouTube channel to see my set up and product reviews! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcJPtPrAf9oDb2YlFSomu7w

OP
OP
reefdreamers

reefdreamers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20170516_205025.jpg
IMG_20170518_160011.jpg
IMG_20170518_160041.jpg

monimo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you using dry or live sand or rock it does'nt take a month when yo do it and i think take as long i am cycling mine week 2! just the blue damsils in the tank are both females and there gonna kill each other :( my favorite damsil might die from that FOOL BUBBLES! she so terrtorial :/ i cant get attached because there tester fish hop fully i ge some clown fish and vreed them

OP
OP
reefdreamers

reefdreamers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you using dry or live sand or rock it does'nt take a month when yo do it and i think take as long i am cycling mine week 2! just the blue damsils in the tank are both females and there gonna kill each other :( my favorite damsil might die from that FOOL BUBBLES! she so terrtorial :/ i cant get attached because there tester fish hop fully i ge some clown fish and vreed them
I'm using dry rock and live sand. I also added a bottle of biospira. I was phantom feeding the tank now about two weeks and I'm already testing at 0 amonia and 0 nitrite. I'm probably going to add a few softies soon. I hope your damsels work out there differences. That's why I really dislike damsels and will never put them in a tank again they are mean. Thank you.

monimo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont think there gonna work out 1 are ready almost killed the other one i tried at least Bacteria might be growing to get the tank started imm more used to fresh water aggresive fish not saltwater

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back