My candy cane became a snack

  • Thread starter Thread starter icereef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

icereef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 11, 2022
Messages
35
Reaction score
56
Location
Iceland
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up this morning and my candy cane coral had been half eaten by my cowrie (which has now been kicked back to my LFS).

Will my candy cane be able to recover? Is there anything I can do to help it? It's my first coral and I'm pretty emotionally attached to it :(

E7B1A9C9-2277-43F7-AF2F-E2CD91C5A673.jpeg
 
Sorry to see this. :(

Yes it will recover as long as your tank stays stable and water parameters are good.
 
Sorry to see this. :(

Yes it will recover as long as your tank stays stable and water parameters are good.
Thank you! Believe me, I did not expect to get so sad because of an injured coral but here I am.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new