OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well on the whole, allow me to help you feel better. If you are sure the small chip is in no way structural— plus it’s going to be hidden by the stand— and the other issues are that little rough polish-job on that one eurobrace and some stray silicone tails, I’d say fire that baby up and start enjoying it!! I definitely have that bit of perfectionism in me as well— and “Tank Day” is a huge thing— but I overlooked a little of this-and-that short of tank perfection too; I think we all do. Perfection in a glass product probably comes at a $PRICE$ few of us realistically are willing to pay. Once you get your fish in there, you’re mind won’t have time to say ‘look at that eurobrace.’ (But as to the principle of the thing... I completely get it.)
Up until I found this silicone sunken in on back panel I was leaning towered suck it up. Now I’m not so sure

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is their reply

Attachments

• 9C33EA64-D928-474D-948B-A74117CB9EC6.jpeg
    9C33EA64-D928-474D-948B-A74117CB9EC6.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 96

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, "if" you go with a replacement tank, you can put the stand in place in your home, place a giant cardboard replica of the tank on it, and literally figure out and work on all your plumbing (dry fit) during the period of weeks until the replacement tank arrives. Just an idea. Or I bet the 10% would buy a really nice recirculating skimmer. :cool:

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, "if" you go with a replacement tank, you can put the stand in place in your home, place a giant cardboard replica of the tank on it, and literally figure out and work on all your plumbing (dry fit) during the period of weeks until the replacement tank arrives. Just an idea. Or I bet the 10% would buy a really nice recirculating skimmer. :cool:
your not wrong! Waiting for an ETA on a replacement if I go that route

Ryan Avery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The worst part about all this is the 7 months of waiting. I really don’t want to go with a mass produced tank like Red Sea or water box….
It sucks when you pay more for a custom American made product and you feel like you could have been better of getting the mass reduced. Seems like they will make it right for you at least

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: tank is being returned for a replacement with a small upgrade.
new tank will allegedly ship 27 SEP if I change stand to magnetic panels. Or 3rd week of OCT if I get the same type of stand.
New tank will be 60x28x20

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let it be written. Let it be done! Lol. Wishing you the best going forward... we’ll all hang in there with you!

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let it be written. Let it be done! Lol. Wishing you the best going forward... we’ll all hang in there with you!
Appreciate the support. I did ask them to refund 800$ which is what I figure will cost them to ship this stuff back and forth. They were pretty insistent on replacing it. So if I have to wait another month at least I’ll get the size I wanted in the first place. Still undecided if I want to go with a magnetic stand to speed up ship time.

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I DIY'd magnetic panels on my 180g steel stand. I loved it. Full access if you need it for any major job or issue. I'm sure they'd do a great job with it too. Only downside is depending on magnet strength they can be hard to close quietly. But then you don't have to worry about rusting hinges either.

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear they took good care of you! I wonder if someone bailed on a build and they have that tank on hand? Just gotta wait for the stand?

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was supposed to get mine this week but haven't heard anything. I sent an email today so we'll see haha. Just glad they took care of it for ya, that's great. Suprised they didn't jump on the 800 though

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was supposed to get mine this week but haven't heard anything. I sent an email today so we'll see haha. Just glad they took care of it for ya, that's great. Suprised they didn't jump on the 800 though
Let me know how yours looks when it arrives. Are they building a stand for you as well?

I asked for the upgrade on size since they turned down the 800$

if they can get me a tank before end of OCT that is too standard I’ll be happy.

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am doing the magnet skin. To be able to pull all the panels off and excess the sump is great
My son is old enough not to mess with my tank. But we have little kids in the family and I like the idea of putting child locks on as well. I’ll think on it another day or two. Before I make final call on which stand.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back