My clown fish have Brooklynella

Ninaxskymon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help I’m scared of my fish dying the front of my clown fish is turning white and I need help now please let me know what to do w/o a QT bc I don’t have one ATM

image.jpg

OP
OP
Ninaxskymon

Ninaxskymon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Ninaxskymon

Ninaxskymon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if u have no corals you can still treat the tank. here's the best thread I found helpful. you have to act really fast it can kill them within hours. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/brooklynella.247938/
What can I do in the mean time while my QT is being set up my medications are coming in very soon I always monitor my fish, their face started to turn white today I’m scared this is my first saltwater tank and my fish are everything to me please lmk what I can do in the mean time

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can't get them in to QT, then a 5 minute freshwater dip will provide temporary relief. Do this as soon as possible. If possible, try to get your hands on some formalin. This is the best way to kill brook. Either way, do the freshwater dip ASAP.

https://humble.fish/freshwater-dip/

OP
OP
Ninaxskymon

Ninaxskymon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What can I do in the mean time while my QT is being set up my medications are coming in very soon I always monitor my fish, their face started to turn white today I’m scared this is my first saltwater tank and my fish are everything to me please lmk what I can do in the mean time
If you can't get them in to QT, then a 5 minute freshwater dip will provide temporary relief. Do this as soon as possible. If possible, try to get your hands on some formalin. This is the best way to kill brook. Either way, do the freshwater dip ASAP.

https://humble.fish/freshwater-dip/
How do I do a freshwater dip I’m freaking out and I fell asleep I’ve been up all night

OP
OP
Ninaxskymon

Ninaxskymon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure it's brook? Does it look as though it's skin is sloughing off? Can you get a better picture, because from the one thats posted, the fish looks absolutely fine.
His head is white like I know I saw it bc thier face is white and it’s ideally orange I know it doesn’t look like it I’ll try getting a better pic but how do I do a freshwater dip w/o like stuff do I need to just put my fish in frshwater or ? Is there a method this is my frost time S I’ve said before I did as much research as I could do.

OP
OP
Ninaxskymon

Ninaxskymon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His head is white like I know I saw it bc thier face is white and it’s ideally orange I know it doesn’t look like it I’ll try getting a better pic but how do I do a freshwater dip w/o like stuff do I need to just put my fish in frshwater or ? Is there a method this is my frost time S I’ve said before I did as much research as I could do.
Both of their head are white actually :)

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do yourself a favor, calm down. Worst thing to do is freak out and cause more harm then good. Have a read through the stickies in the disease section. Specifically this post about brook if your certain it is brook.

OP
OP
Ninaxskymon

Ninaxskymon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do yourself a favor, calm down. Worst thing to do is freak out and cause more harm then good. Have a read through the stickies in the disease section. Specifically this post about brook if your certain it is brook.

I made a new STERILE QT tank my medications come in a day and I’m scared they won’t make it please teach me how to do a frashwater dip w/o a air pump and sponge filter I’m broke and don’t have money

Deep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this post is in the wrong section , @Jay Hemdal

you need to post better pics to get better help...

for a freshwater dip - its just that. get the fish out, and place them in freshwater for 5 minutes. no need for air pump or filter.

New2Reefn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went through the same thing with my clowns a 5 minute freshwater dip worked miracles for them until I could get the QT tank set up and medicated. Simply clean out a bucket and and put fresh water in enough to cover the fish. They may look lifeless in the fresh water don't worry I thought mine were dead and the second I put them back in my dt they were fine.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a new STERILE QT tank my medications come in a day and I’m scared they won’t make it please teach me how to do a frashwater dip w/o a air pump and sponge filter I’m broke and don’t have money
Can you post clearer photos? Even a short video can help diagnose fish issues.
Jay

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do my Freshwater dips in my coffee mugs :X for nano fish.

If they have parasite it's also easy to see them fall off against the white of the mug lol.

It's not fancy, just use RODI water please. Not tap.

Also FWIW a large percentage of Clowns have lighter noses... Unless this happened overnight... i wouldn't be concerned.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do my Freshwater dips in my coffee mugs :X for nano fish.

If they have parasite it's also easy to see them fall off against the white of the mug lol.

It's not fancy, just use RODI water please. Not tap.

Also FWIW a large percentage of Clowns have lighter noses... Unless this happened overnight... i wouldn't be concerned.
Actually, a dark cup works even better! Never use RODI for FW dips! That is one of those things that got entrenched in the hobby, but is simply wrong. RODI can have a pH of 4. You need to buffer it before use. I’ve done thousands of dips over 45 years and have never used RODI - always dechlorinated tap water.
Jay

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, a dark cup works even better! Never use RODI for FW dips! That is one of those things that got entrenched in the hobby, but is simply wrong. RODI can have a pH of 4. You need to buffer it before use. I’ve done thousands of dips over 45 years and have never used RODI - always dechlorinated tap water.
Jay

oh wow!

well..... fortunately I haven’t had any losses from it yet. But good to know for the future!

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jay
Does distilled water work?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 133 59.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 79 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.4%
Back