my clown is only using one pectoral fin

Leemus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello r2r so I got a pair of clowns around two weeks ago and the more aggressive clown ended up killing the other nonaggressive clown. so I ended up getting him another clown and for him not to attack the new clown. I put him in a breeder box and I still have not taken him out of the box, but now I realized that the other clown is only using one pectoral fin to swim, and that started today because yesterday it was not happening, the fan also doesn’t look damaged in my opinion I’m just wondering if that’s normal for clown I don’t think it is. I linked the video so you guys can see for yourself. and a photo

IMG_1937.jpeg IMG_1938.jpeg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could just be injury, could point to something more. Is there a quarantine method in place? Is the fish still eating? Anything else unusual?

For the best results and to avoid possible issues can you read this and then repost in the disease forum?

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't seem to be bothered by it. I would let it be and monitor.

OP
OP
L

Leemus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could just be injury, could point to something more. Is there a quarantine method in place? Is the fish still eating? Anything else unusual?

For the best results and to avoid possible issues can you read this and then repost in the disease forum?

I didn’t ask the LSS about their quarantine method. The fish has been eating but just a little bit and thank you and I will post on that forum

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 35 41.7%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back