My clownfish are acting weird

a_jade

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2024
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I'm new to keeping clownfish and I noticed my clownfish acting weird. I don't really know what's going on and I can't find anything online to explain it. I thought at first it was just the behaviors of establishing who's dominate but then I noticed the bigger clownfish also twitching and talking to the little one. I just don't understand why they go from swimming and "dancing" around together and coping the each other's moves to the little one being backed into a corner. I just don't want the little guy to have to spend his life backed into a corner. I have a video but i am running into some trouble uploading it. Any information or ideas are very appreciated. Thank you.
 
Hello,
I'm new to keeping clownfish and I noticed my clownfish acting weird. I don't really know what's going on and I can't find anything online to explain it. I thought at first it was just the behaviors of establishing who's dominate but then I noticed the bigger clownfish also twitching and talking to the little one. I just don't understand why they go from swimming and "dancing" around together and coping the each other's moves to the little one being backed into a corner. I just don't want the little guy to have to spend his life backed into a corner. I have a video but i am running into some trouble uploading it. Any information or ideas are very appreciated. Thank you.
This sounds like normal clownfish behavior they both will dance to establish pecking order and if they are young they will continue to do it until one is decided that they are the female.

Also they might be a pair or are working on getting paired
 
This sounds like normal clownfish behavior they both will dance to establish pecking order and if they are young they will continue to do it until one is decided that they are the female.

Also they might be a pair or are working on getting paired
Thank you !!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new