My Clownfish are disappearing!

kobibm13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
I have my tank for a while now and all the fish, corals and others looks like they are having a great time and everything is growing like crazy.

I had a pair of Ocellaris Clownfish that one of them just vanished once day and today I noticed the other one is gone as well. No trace no nothing

all the other fishes are fine and I even have another Clarkii Clownfish that paired itself with an anemone and is doing great

What can cause them to disappear like that?

here is a photo of my tank
20161019_134907.jpg

OP
OP
kobibm13

kobibm13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing on the floor and I am using a canister filter so nothing there

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm guessing they lost a fight with the other damsels... depending on what kind of cuc you have they may have been dragged into you're rocks and you may not be able to see them.

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could the Clarkii clownfish be to blame? I know three of the same species of clowns can cause aggression issues, but not sure how different species interact.

In my tanks, the flow tends to take stuff under the rocks into the most difficult to reach spot :confused: Have you tried using a powerhead to blow into the rocks just in case.

How much of a clean up crew do you have? They can work amazingly fast.

OP
OP
kobibm13

kobibm13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 missing clowns, 1 Clarki, 2 blue damsels, and 1 3 stripe damsel... That's 6 damsels in what looks to be a 29g? That's a lot of damsels in a tight space.

It's a 45 gal with 2 stripe and 2 blue damsels

OP
OP
kobibm13

kobibm13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasn't trying to sound negative, but clownfish are damsles too. You're bound to have aggression issues.

That's cool . The smaller clownfish were fine (well the second one) for almost 5 months before he disappeared. And everyone else looks fine no issues there

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clarkii is a bully and will be re homed soon . That being said it has allowed my blood orange Mis bar to survive in my tank but some other clowns have not been so lucky. :mad:

Back