My coldwater marine tank (Norway)

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! :) Nah, it's a "background poster" that was on the tank when I bought it. Thought it fit in pretty good, so I kept it.

Thanks a lot for the kind words! Really appreciate it! :)

I really like it. It somehow gives your tank a ton of depth

OP
OP
bullfrog

bullfrog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful and unique reef! I love it!!

OP
OP
bullfrog

bullfrog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love coldwater tanks! Just never had a thick enough tank or nice enough chiller. Quiet is something to be desired with a chiller.lol
Looks great
D
Thanks! :) I know what you mean about the chiller. It's big and noisy... I've gotten used to it though... :p I know some people build them into cabinets to hide it, and reduce noise, but I haven't got that far yet. My tank is just a regular thin glass tank though, and that works fine for me with these temperatures. That would depend a lot on where you live though, I'm sure...

OP
OP
bullfrog

bullfrog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A litte update from me here.. Posted another short little video on youtube of one of the more interesting, "non-fish" creatures that's been in my tank. The Stalked jellyfish. Sadly, it's no longer with me, as I'm pretty sure something ate it.. Think I know who the killer is too (Painted topshell), but I didn't catch it in the act, so I can't be sure... planning to get quite a few of these again at some point, now that I know more about them, as I find them incredibly cool! :) Maybe when I get another tank eventually..

Anyways, hope you enjoy the video. (Sorry about the "shaky cam" here btw.. Was before I started using a tripod...)

Btw, Here's a picture of the one I think killed my stalked jellyfish, the painted topshell... A cool snail, but a bit of a predator. It was literally chasing my anemones around in the tank..

20200131_153216.jpg

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if theres tropical versions of any of these things. I don’t think I can maintain coldwater yet but I eventually want a coldwater tank

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Very cool tank!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back