My coldwater marine tank (Norway)

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey dude, this stuff is more than simply beautiful It's intriguing and fascinating. We all strive for the gorgeous tank n which u have done but you have also brought from the cold depths animals we've never seen or heard of. Thank you n please keep going. Definitely following along.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
New tank is slowly starting to take form. Have another little video update here. Adding a few more creatures.

Some pictures (some just screenshots from the video, as I didn't take many photos around when this update is from).
IMG_4436.JPG

20210518_112159(0).jpg

IMG_4433.JPG

IMG_4451.JPG
IMG_4463.JPG

Screenshot (42).png
Screenshot (38).png
IMG_4497.JPG
Screenshot (44).png
Screenshot (45).png

Love it!

OP
OP
bullfrog

bullfrog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey dude, this stuff is more than simply beautiful It's intriguing and fascinating. We all strive for the gorgeous tank n which u have done but you have also brought from the cold depths animals we've never seen or heard of. Thank you n please keep going. Definitely following along

Thank you rusty hannon! Highly appreciate it! :) With feedback like that, I'll keep updating here for sure! :D
Thanks a lot revhtree! :)

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you rusty hannon! Highly appreciate it! :) With feedback like that, I'll keep updating here for sure! :D

Thanks a lot revhtree! :)
And I have NO problem enjoying your tanks n videos you wish to share with us and im not alone here. Great to have you aboard.

OP
OP
bullfrog

bullfrog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I have NO problem enjoying your tanks n videos you wish to share with us and im not alone here. Great to have you aboard.
Thanks again rusty! :)

Might as well do another little update then! ;) Have a short little video here feeding my sand shrimp (crangon crangon). Really cool little shrimp this. Love the way it's digging into, and hiding in the sand too! Are there shrimp kind of like this in tropical tanks as well btw?

A few pictures as well:

Screenshot (49).png

IMG_4781.JPG

IMG_4463.JPG

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only shrimp we have is a peppermint shrimp , He's really cool and eats out of the feeding tube when we happen to see him but he's not as cool as your little guy,. I don't know much about shrimp I'm afraid. Others may know of some with as much personality. Mantis shrimp or coral banded shrimp maybe.

OP
OP
bullfrog

bullfrog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only shrimp we have is a peppermint shrimp , He's really cool and eats out of the feeding tube when we happen to see him but he's not as cool as your little guy,. I don't know much about shrimp I'm afraid. Others may know of some with as much personality. Mantis shrimp or coral banded shrimp maybe.
I did a search, and the peppermint shrimp seems like a nice little one! :) Don't know a lot about shrimp neither.. They're all really cool, but in the past I've mostly "used" them as snacks for my more hungry fish. This one fascinates me though! Mantis shrimp are incredibly cool btw!

OP
OP
bullfrog

bullfrog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made another little video update from the tank.

In this one, the micro sea spiders are hungry, which is bad news for the hydroids in my tank. Also, I'm "stick feeding" my little lumpsucker ++.

Adding a few pictures from this update as well. Some of them are just screenshots from the video, so the quality isn't all that. Will get better in future updates! :)

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.png
4.png
5.png

7.JPG

6.JPG

Btw, for those of you who are on facebook, I've created a page for the tank where the plan is to post all new updates, and more pictures and videos from the tank. If you want to follow that too, here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/ColdWaterTank-you-for-watching-105687845056972/

Last edited:
OP
OP
bullfrog

bullfrog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uploaded another update from the tank on youtube. Feeding the clingfish, some "high-speed" anemones, and just checking in on the critters in the tank.

Have no pictures from around this update, so just adding a few screenshots from the video instead....

miniatyrbilde.jpg

Screenshot (55).png

Screenshot (56).png

Screenshot (57).png

Screenshot (58).png

Screenshot (61).png

Screenshot (60).png

OP
OP
bullfrog

bullfrog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another little update here. Have a couple of new videos here. One of my old tankmates, the rock gunnel. Great tankmate this! :)

Adding some pictures as well:

7.JPG

IMG_3216.JPG

IMG_2780.JPG

IMG_3201.JPG

IMG_3676.JPG

IMG_3473.JPG

At the end I'll add a little video that's not really really relevant to my tank... Got a couple of octopus in my Norway lobster traps. Would love to have one of these in a tank at some point, but don't have the right tank or setup for that atm.. Cool nontheless! :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
bullfrog

bullfrog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another update from the new tank. Added some Dahlia anemones now, and a cool looking spider!

Some pictures

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

Adding a couple of youtube shorts too at then end...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love it and thanks for the video too! :)

OP
OP
bullfrog

bullfrog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New video update from the tank. Checking in on some old tankmates + adding a few interesting creatures. A few crinoids, a couple of deep water shrimp, and a heart urchin.

Some pictures:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

Adding a couple of YouTube shorts in the end

Hope some of you still find this interesting..

LegalReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New video update from the tank. Checking in on some old tankmates + adding a few interesting creatures. A few crinoids, a couple of deep water shrimp, and a heart urchin.

Some pictures:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

Adding a couple of YouTube shorts in the end

Hope some of you still find this interesting..

Still find this incredibly interesting! I love regional biotope tanks, a cold water one for an uncommon biome doubly so! Your tank is amazing and demonstrates such cool species diversity, how do you collect all your organisms?

OP
OP
bullfrog

bullfrog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt know such a thing would have so much life! That's an amazing tank you've built there!
Thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated! :)
Still find this incredibly interesting! I love regional biotope tanks, a cold water one for an uncommon biome doubly so! Your tank is amazing and demonstrates such cool species diversity, how do you collect all your organisms?
Good to hear! :) I work as a crab fisherman, so I take up a lot of traps, and there's always some interesting life in/on the traps. Tbh, the biggest issue I have is limiting myself when it comes to what I put in there... Here's an example I got the other day. I really love these guys, but so far I've been able to resist putting one in the tank... They are really cool fish though!

20210804_141015.jpg
20210804_140918.jpg

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back