OP
OP
Russo757

Russo757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank update: My parameters are holding super steady for two weeks straight now. I've pretty much been locked in at
Alk: 8.0-8.3
Calc - 470
Mag - 1420
Po4 - .06
No3 - 5-7

I've had the KH Director testing every two hours for two weeks now and the lowest my alk has read is 7.9 and the highest is 8.3. That being said I've been pretty steady at 8.1 most days. I initially checked it against my Hanna tester nightly, just to make sure the readings were accurate. This week i backed down to every other night and it remains to be spot on. I'm burning a ton of reagent plus going through 1.5 gallons of salt water a week testing at this rate so I'm going to throttle back to 4 times a day and see how that goes.

My doser has been locked in for a few weeks which isn't the norm. This would happen right as I'm about to make the jump to a reactor. Oh well, as of now I'm still planning on running the Geo 618 on it when the parts come in.

Growth is rocking! I'm not sure if its the acropower, the levels being dialed in, or both, but I can see noticeable growth on many of the corals just since last weeks pictures. I wanted to take some updates but I'm going to wait the full two weeks and see how much more growth it can push.

That being said, I'm going to snap a few shots under the radions today. Any request of corals that were photoed under the T5s to be reshot under the radions? Anybody want to see any All Blue shots of anything?

I'm about to bust out the camera....Shoot me some ideas folks :)

OP
OP
Russo757

Russo757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made the trip down to Ryan’s place. He’s got a great selection of clean acros. I love the frags I got. Thanks! I’m looking forward to seeing some of your other corals grow out!

It was great meeting you the other day man. Thank you so much for taking the trip to come see me. You're welcome here anytime. Keep me posted on how all your stuff settles in.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I would love to see more of these:
"unnamed mari" I believe you said it was some variant of shortcake. Last pic from this post HERE
CC Voodoo majick
WWC King Fiji
Foxflame
Bubblegum Digi
Beautiful corals, keep up the great work!

Last edited:

D.train

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally had time to enjoy this phenomenal pack that @Russo757 sent! 10000% confident in all of these coral. Extremely healthy w/ PE in the container! If your looking for the best of the best, look no further and load your tank with fire! Thanks Ryan!
16DBC68F-B6AA-4FCE-AE40-E4A91A5594FE.jpeg

What’s the name of these frags?

OP
OP
Russo757

Russo757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank Update

Growth is noticeable on most of the coral in the tank and colors seem to be getting a little more rich on a few. I did lose the fox flame colony. It looked like it was turning the corner and then just started peeling. I cut it up and all but two frags lived, and out of those a few are already getting yellow tips back. I'm still waiting on the parts from Geo to set up the reactor but the KH director has helped me keep my alk steady with my doser. Here are a few pics of the grow I've gotten in little over a week.

BC Aquatic-man
BC Aquaticman 2-6.jpg

MattV Ultimate TriColor
MattV Ultimate Tri Colony 2-6.jpg

WWC what the heck
WWC what the heck 2-6.jpg

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great.
All those message about the KH Director makes me want to get one. Just for monitoring.

OP
OP
Russo757

Russo757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great.
All those message about the KH Director makes me want to get one. Just for monitoring.

Thanks! After a rocky set up I absolutely love it for monitoring. I work a ton so being able to see my alk move throughout the day is priceless for me. I highly recommend the KH director for anyone looking to tighten their numbers

Brockly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious on the lighting. I know you have t5 and if I remember right reefbeite blues for pop. But that’s over a shallow frag tank. Curious on the ability of t5 to penetrate 24 inches of water and still produce 300-400 par?

I ask cause I’ve ran black boxes for 2 years on my tank and they grow coral fine but I can only get about 220 par out of them and nothing (red/pink... fix flame, red planet, tiera delfuego) will color up well. so I wonder if they are just under lit. I am about to buy new lights. I was going to go radions with accent t5 but I toy the idea of t5 with led accents. Just not sure

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 40 35.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back