Last edited:

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is the maximum I could
Has your alkalinity went up at all over the last couple weeks? It looks like a spike and burnt the tips from the first pictures.. hard to tell in the close up.. your test shows 8 right now which is good!

OP
OP
runetspike

runetspike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has your alkalinity went up at all over the last couple weeks? It looks like a spike and burnt the tips from the first pictures.. hard to tell in the close up.. your test shows 8 right now which is good!
I raised from 7 to 8.3 in a week. now the 4th day costs 8.3

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does my high nitrate make them worse?
Not from my experience no! I’m trying to get mine back up that high BecUse everything seemed happier.. I know the standard is 10-25 but I had 80-100 and my sticks didn’t mind at all! Phosphates you wanna keep low which yours is in a good range.. you can try lowering them it won’t hurt and on the other hand I’m not sure it would do anything really.. besides helping algae stay at bay..

OP
OP
runetspike

runetspike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not from my experience no! I’m trying to get mine back up that high BecUse everything seemed happier.. I know the standard is 10-25 but I had 80-100 and my sticks didn’t mind at all! Phosphates you wanna keep low which yours is in a good range.. you can try lowering them it won’t hurt and on the other hand I’m not sure it would anything really.. besides helping algae stay at bay..
thank you so much! You solved all my questions that bothered me a lot. You're a cool guy. I dose balling from Tropic Marine a 20 b 70 from 20 If I dose in equal amounts my calcium is going up.
it is possible to dose alkalinity and component C in equal proportions?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you so much! You solved all my questions that bothered me a lot. You're a cool guy. I dose balling from Tropic Marine a 20 b 70 from 20 If I dose in equal amounts my calcium is going up.
it is possible to dose alkalinity and component C in equal proportions?
I’m not really familiar with their bailing method so I couldn’t answer that.. maybe @Randy Holmes-Farley could? I personally just do big water changes and top off with kalkwasser to meet my needs.. in the past I dosed brightwell 2 part A,B but only cause I was lazy about water changes.. currently I change 20% of my water faithfully every week and top off that’s it and my sticks have never grown better!

OP
OP
runetspike

runetspike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not really familiar with their bailing method so I couldn’t answer that.. maybe @Randy Holmes-Farley could? I personally just do big water changes and top off with kalkwasser to meet my needs.. in the past I dosed brightwell 2 part A,B but only cause I was lazy about water changes.. currently I change 20% of my water faithfully every week and top off that’s it and my sticks have never grown better!
I have a kalkwasser. I have used it for three months. Then magnesium dropped to 1260 and I turned on the balling.

OP
OP
runetspike

runetspike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I should get away from balling?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I run 37 nitrates and 0.06 phosphates. Alk is 8.3. my guess is your alk was too low if it was at 7. It usually takes a couple of days for SPS to start showing response to alkalinity stuff. Hopefully you have it corrected and they'll make a full recovery!

OP
OP
runetspike

runetspike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 37 nitrates and 0.06 phosphates. Alk is 8.3. my guess is your alk was too low if it was at 7. It usually takes a couple of days for SPS to start showing response to alkalinity stuff. Hopefully you have it corrected and they'll make a full recovery!
Thank you. I also hope they live again.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back