My corals like All for reef, do yours? Lets

  • Thread starter Thread starter STEEZY
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I used to use All for Reef at early stages of my reef tank but transferred away from it. I believe every tank is different and trace elements get used up differently for everyone. For me it was all of my euphyillia corals closing up after the 4th month of All for reef because I was overdosing few trace elements using the product and water changes alone. I’d take caution using this product long term.
I would definitely recommend Carbo Calcium instead for the early stages until you have a tank packed full of corals.
 
I’ve only dosed AFR in my 3’ nano since it was setup and well, I’ve never had this much growth from SPS/Clams let alone the colours.
19C3855E-A208-4D4E-9584-1A0BE68A1290.jpeg

2C1C635E-AE42-47A0-8F1D-C96DCCE829EA.jpeg

Most of these corals are Atleast 6 months old if not 8-9 months (the same age as this tank).
 
20g aio.
It took 9 days for alk to hold a dkh of 7. I used esv alk daily to hold it.
I started at 5ml and stopped at 22ml on day 9. 22ml once in the morning keeps alk at 7 for 24hrs.
Prior I was dosing esv 2 part at 13ml 2x a day. Alk would go from 7 to 8 then back to 7 in 12 hours.
So far My alk is holding right at 7 with the A4R.
Tank is almost 4 months old and uses 2dkh a day.
Temp 80
Sg 1.026
Ph 7.9-8.2
Alk 7
Ca 420
Mag 1320
No3<5
Po4 .05
20230617_150612.jpg
 
Last edited:

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new