My cowfish loves bloodworms.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hal3134
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Hal3134

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2018
Messages
489
Reaction score
323
Location
Longmont, CO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just got a one inch long cowfish in my QT. It is a little pig. It eats half a cube of bloodworms per day. That’s on top of whatever else it eats that I’m feeding the other 3 fish in my QT. It nibbled at clams in the half shell. It loves PE Mysis. But bloodworms seem to be a favorite. At some point I’ll set up a white worm culture, and probably order some live black worms once I have more fish since the minimum order seems to be a half pound.

I’ve had cowfish in other tanks and always been concerned about whether it is getting enough food. Chances are, probably not. ☹️
 
i just got a one inch long cowfish in my QT. It is a little pig. It eats half a cube of bloodworms per day. That’s on top of whatever else it eats that I’m feeding the other 3 fish in my QT. It nibbled at clams in the half shell. It loves PE Mysis. But bloodworms seem to be a favorite. At some point I’ll set up a white worm culture, and probably order some live black worms once I have more fish since the minimum order seems to be a half pound.

I’ve had cowfish in other tanks and always been concerned about whether it is getting enough food. Chances are, probably not. ☹️

Also,it’s difficult to tell when a cowfish is not getting enough food. With other fish you can see the belly get pinched. The body structure of a cowfish doesn’t seem to work that way.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new