200cm x 90cm x 60cm

foto frame van aquarium deksel .JPG

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! Do you have any more photos of the tubular motor setup? I wasn't familar with those types of motors for this application so I am interested to see how you made the lift mechanism.

OP
OP
I

Isilder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! Do you have any more photos of the tubular motor setup? I wasn't familar with those types of motors for this application so I am interested to see how you made the lift mechanism.

thnxs .. ludnix .... as soon as i am at home i will send you some pict ....

OP
OP
I

Isilder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the length is adjustable for small aquariums and also pay attention to the lifting power ... in my case I did wall to wall..... there is another plate underneath so that it is finished ...

IMG_4449.JPG IMG_4450.JPG IMG_4451.JPG IMG_4452.JPG IMG_4453.JPG

Last edited:

sdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice work! Do you have any more info about the motor. What kind is it and where can I find one. Thanks

OP
OP
I

Isilder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello sdreef.... i did buy it in the
roller shutter shop

well I have an ANODIZED aluminium frame

have a tube motor from motor set 50Nm with 3000mm tube 78mm (you can also buy 2nd hand) new they cost 278 euros with remote control ... there are calculations for determining the lifting force ... also bought hoisting cables and no static steel wire .. that is only for static weights, and because there is hoisting you need hoisting cable ... you can check the thickness of the cables with the seller, who knows the workload and so on, so short-circuit ... then I bought plexiglass white plate 3 mm was about 150 euro with cutting ... also used long strips for the bottom of the frame ... and fastened with tec 7 ... then coated the inside with black paint so that nothing shines through !! that again with resin in lubricated 2x and with furniture plastic again taped to the outside and put finishing slats on it .. so you cant see the furniture plastic foil (the cover is not visible} .... and bought separate neodinium magnets that were already plastic-coated from the factory .... that glued to the frame with tec 7 and on the plexiglass caps .... so that I can remove the cap if necessary .... that was t in short

... I am not a structural engineer, so everything at OWN RISK, for those who want to make it too.;) (y) what is most important are the walls or ceiling that it can also be worn and you do not have soft walls ... I chemically anchored the connection for extra security .... since I have no children running around, this concept is no problem for me .. the case soon inc lamps weighs about 40 to 50 kilos not that I think it is not sturdy enough, but well with children around I would still consider another concept just instinctive: unsure: but I wouldnt like that with such a large aquarium and children .... greetings roy ....

im from holland i google translate it sorry for any wrong grammatics ...

sdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello sdreef.... i did buy it in the
roller shutter shop

well I have an ANODIZED aluminium frame

have a tube motor from motor set 50Nm with 3000mm tube 78mm (you can also buy 2nd hand) new they cost 278 euros with remote control ... there are calculations for determining the lifting force ... also bought hoisting cables and no static steel wire .. that is only for static weights, and because there is hoisting you need hoisting cable ... you can check the thickness of the cables with the seller, who knows the workload and so on, so short-circuit ... then I bought plexiglass white plate 3 mm was about 150 euro with cutting ... also used long strips for the bottom of the frame ... and fastened with tec 7 ... then coated the inside with black paint so that nothing shines through !! that again with resin in lubricated 2x and with furniture plastic again taped to the outside and put finishing slats on it .. so you cant see the furniture plastic foil (the cover is not visible} .... and bought separate neodinium magnets that were already plastic-coated from the factory .... that glued to the frame with tec 7 and on the plexiglass caps .... so that I can remove the cap if necessary .... that was t in short

... I am not a structural engineer, so everything at OWN RISK, for those who want to make it too.;) (y) what is most important are the walls or ceiling that it can also be worn and you do not have soft walls ... I chemically anchored the connection for extra security .... since I have no children running around, this concept is no problem for me .. the case soon inc lamps weighs about 40 to 50 kilos not that I think it is not sturdy enough, but well with children around I would still consider another concept just instinctive: unsure: but I wouldnt like that with such a large aquarium and children .... greetings roy ....

im from holland i google translate it sorry for any wrong grammatics ...
Thank you for all of the details! I've been actively working to find a good motorized way to lift my light fixture. I didn't know that there are different cables for hoisting versus a static weights. That is good to know. A lot of information that will help for my set up

sdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this part called and did you get it from the same seller? I've been trying to find some type of spool or grooved drum, but none of the tubular motor manufacturers I have contacted have been able to give me a solution yet.

OP
OP
I

Isilder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i did get it from the same seller indeed .. it was not in the same package but had to sell it separated .... i did tweaked it a litlle make the hole s a litlle bigger to push the steel wire in it ... en did screw 2 clamps on it...

you can do 4mm 19 * 7 grease-free grease or stainless steel 4 mm 7 * 19

thats for the big canopy 200cm x90cmx40cm total weight 40 a 50 kilo s ....

so if your load is less.. than you can use 3 mm i geus ,,,dont go higher as 4 mm in my situation the cable would be too thick to wind up ..so it has to match ....

Plastic cord / tire disc for tube 78
Article number71085
Plastic cord / tire disc 78 mm. You attach this cord / tire disc to a tube with a diameter of 78mm. If you operate the pipe with a tubular motor or manual control, you can wind a cord or tape or go down. You can use this disc, for example, if you want to use a multifunctional motor set to operate an attic hatch, a chicken coop or hang up a bicycle.

hope this helped you ...

OP
OP
I

Isilder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
watch the groove.. it has to match with the tubular tube ...

sdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found something called a take up reel, but designed for cords. I've made several phone calls. I found a motor that will work, but I haven't found a proper spooling mechanism and wire to use.

OP
OP
I

Isilder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok im sorry to hear, it must be a little frustrating to search and not find ..

this is where i bought it .

. https://www.aluparts.nl/product/kunststof-koordbandschijf-85mm

in dutch they called it a {koordbandschijf} ...dont know the good translation ..

and indeed its normaly for a shutterrol wire to wind up the shutter ...

ok wish you succes .. maybe there are other options for you ..

Last edited:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%

Back