Feet4Fish

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is that bad boy going?

Will be first line of mechanical filtration where drain lines enter. Will be using filter pads in it. For day to day can easily Put 100 micron pads or if I want put a 50 micron under that one. Also am plumbing a DE pool filter in the system that will be on a bypass. Will bring on line for deep cleaning and for new fish arrivals.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
63B9BA3D-6670-4586-BAD1-93A6C7317125.jpeg

Got a new toy to install!!!

Nice! I bought one and then never installed it .... be interested to get your thoughts.

OP
OP
Feet4Fish

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will report back for sure. Looking to install it in the next weeks. Waiting for a couple parts of the “system” to get delivered!

I remembered you had one and you previous conversations with @robert.

Nice! I bought one and then never installed it .... be interested to get your thoughts.

OP
OP
Feet4Fish

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had a heck of a surprise! I was working on removing a UV from my closed loop and suddenly realized i had never glued a fitting in the closed loop. I had the UV isolated by unions and valves on either side, but the fitting was prior to all this. Got wet, but got it stopped after maybe a couple gallons lost. Looks like next project os to plug up the inlets and go back and glue a fitting! Just thought I would share my giant oops!!!

OP
OP
Feet4Fish

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
COULD USE SOME HELP WITH MICROBUBBLES

So since the beginning I have had a boatload of micro bubbles in the big display and it is driving me nuts. I have attached a video. The come right out of the return line. Interestingly the don’t come out of the return line on my secondary display and that water is crystal clear.

Plumbing Description

2” inflow to pump from sump with 20” of water height in sump above return punpReturn pump (large Reeflo) 1 1/2” outflow up 40” to Tee. One branch of Tee reduces to 1” return to secondary display. The other side of the Tee stays at 1 1/2” and travels 9 vertical feet and 35 horizontal feet to the big display. In the big display it comes out in 4 1” returns.

Potential causes and actions taken

Split to 2 tanks a problem? No -cut off flow to secondary and no change

Bubbles from sump entering pump intake -Don’t think so as out a sponge/intake screen over pump outflow.

Air getting sucked in plumbing between sump and pump - don’t think so...redid this run twice now for this reason.

is the pump to big? Maybe....it is a Tigershark which is 8500gph with high head. Could switch out the impeller to the hammerhead which will reduce output.

Does anyone else have any other thoughts? If it would help I can take photos or videos of everything if my wording isn’t clear enough.

OP
OP
Feet4Fish

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have had reefs before and throughly enjoyed them. Wanted a change of pace for this one. I wanted to pick all the fish I have always wanted. Once that is done and the tank is plenty stable...probably 2 year mark, then I will attempt to introduce so not super tasty and pretty durable corals. So to me this is a marine fish tank that will have some corals. I have throughly loved it so far.
Wow love the aquascape! Do you like the fowlr over the reef?

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have had reefs before and throughly enjoyed them. Wanted a change of pace for this one. I wanted to pick all the fish I have always wanted. Once that is done and the tank is plenty stable...probably 2 year mark, then I will attempt to introduce so not super tasty and pretty durable corals. So to me this is a marine fish tank that will have some corals. I have throughly loved it so far.

That’s awesome.. my original plan was to have two tanks, one reef one fowlr because like you mentioned, you can have some cool fish with the fowlr. I don’t have the space i thought I’d have, so i chose reef instead because I didn’t want to get bored once the tank was fully stocked. I’m jealous, though if i ever do get a fowlr, I’d want it to be just like yours

OP
OP
Feet4Fish

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
COULD USE SOME HELP WITH MICROBUBBLES

So since the beginning I have had a boatload of micro bubbles in the big display and it is driving me nuts. I have attached a video. The come right out of the return line. Interestingly the don’t come out of the return line on my secondary display and that water is crystal clear.

Plumbing Description

2” inflow to pump from sump with 20” of water height in sump above return punpReturn pump (large Reeflo) 1 1/2” outflow up 40” to Tee. One branch of Tee reduces to 1” return to secondary display. The other side of the Tee stays at 1 1/2” and travels 9 vertical feet and 35 horizontal feet to the big display. In the big display it comes out in 4 1” returns.

Potential causes and actions taken

Split to 2 tanks a problem? No -cut off flow to secondary and no change

Bubbles from sump entering pump intake -Don’t think so as out a sponge/intake screen over pump outflow.

Air getting sucked in plumbing between sump and pump - don’t think so...redid this run twice now for this reason.

is the pump to big? Maybe....it is a Tigershark which is 8500gph with high head. Could switch out the impeller to the hammerhead which will reduce output.

Does anyone else have any other thoughts? If it would help I can take photos or videos of everything if my wording isn’t clear enough.

Bump

OP
OP
Feet4Fish

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received beautiful annularis and orange spotted rabbit fish from TSM today! Came in awesome shape!!! Down in Obeservational QT for a couple weeks! Will post pics in a while.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back