My Dueling Anemones

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,very cool!! maybe end up one day with a morph.;):)

jamie1210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be happy that they get along so well! Green ones have been notoriously harder to keep. Then, there's always the possibility of chemical warefare between different BTA's ... enjoy it! :)

jamie1210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always had a tougher time keeping green ones. Throughout the years, I burned through several green ones. IME, rainbows are pretty indestructible, but weirdly enough, the green ones were the hardest! I thought it was just me. Then, I went to a newer LFS, and the owner was saying him too--he had the toughest time keeping green BTA's. He had some established ones that were bulletproof (he burned through so many before he could find this particular "line" haha) Anyways, I was skeptical, thinking he just wanted to sell me livestock, but hey, I was in a ready-to-be-tricked mood, and gave it a try. It worked! For some reason, this particular green BTA WAS bulletproof! I kept it for 4 years before I sold it and its clones. Happy, healthy, split occasionally. When I started selling the clones locally, reefers would be excited to try it. They would tell me that they, too, had the toughest time w/GREEN BTA's, and they had no idea why! LOL! As far as I know, the clones I sold did great .

Perhaps it was just chemical warfare all along? Perhaps this particular "strain" was able to get along w/my shermans/rainbows and black widows, and other green BTA's just couldn't win? Who knows!

Oh, and it was just a regular, run-of-the-mill green BTA. No speckles/sparkles/purple/orange tips or anything crazy.

OP
OP
DnA-Aquatics LLC

DnA-Aquatics LLC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always had a tougher time keeping green ones. Throughout the years, I burned through several green ones. IME, rainbows are pretty indestructible, but weirdly enough, the green ones were the hardest! I thought it was just me. Then, I went to a newer LFS, and the owner was saying him too--he had the toughest time keeping green BTA's. He had some established ones that were bulletproof (he burned through so many before he could find this particular "line" haha) Anyways, I was skeptical, thinking he just wanted to sell me livestock, but hey, I was in a ready-to-be-tricked mood, and gave it a try. It worked! For some reason, this particular green BTA WAS bulletproof! I kept it for 4 years before I sold it and its clones. Happy, healthy, split occasionally. When I started selling the clones locally, reefers would be excited to try it. They would tell me that they, too, had the toughest time w/GREEN BTA's, and they had no idea why! LOL! As far as I know, the clones I sold did great .

Perhaps it was just chemical warfare all along? Perhaps this particular "strain" was able to get along w/my shermans/rainbows and black widows, and other green BTA's just couldn't win? Who knows!

Oh, and it was just a regular, run-of-the-mill green BTA. No speckles/sparkles/purple/orange tips or anything crazy.
That is interesting. I personally have never had a problem with my anemones, especially these two. These two have yet to split for me. But i have about 20 rockflowers and 3 RBTA's now. Started with 1 rock flower.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These two live in harmony
PXL_20210409_183850934.jpg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 31.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 69 79.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 6.9%
Back