My EcoTech horror story

Still waiting for the shipment of the unit they said they were going to ship. 8 business days and counting.
 
I have one of the original XR 15 pro's. Had it over my tank for about a year. Torn the tank down and boxed the light. When I got it out last week the rubber around the case had broken down into a sticky mess. Then I get my mp40 out and set up only to find the wet side magnet had swelled and cracked the case. All this expensive stuff too far out of warranty now to have replaced but, the 70 dollar Jebao powerheads which are both older work just fine.
 
No light manufacturer is going to warranty against water damage.
Boom!

20200828_014143.jpg
 
I have one of the original XR 15 pro's. Had it over my tank for about a year. Torn the tank down and boxed the light. When I got it out last week the rubber around the case had broken down into a sticky mess. Then I get my mp40 out and set up only to find the wet side magnet had swelled and cracked the case. All this expensive stuff too far out of warranty now to have replaced but, the 70 dollar Jebao powerheads which are both older work just fine.

I have gone through 2 mp40s with swollen wet side and 1 mp10 with grinding dry side. Only a single mp10 works as it should. Older stuff when it first came out. Never again. All tunze now.

And to the op.. your cracks are classic over tightening during assembly at the factory. Obviously the water got in through there over time. One time my rear. They know exactly what they are doing. I still run my ati t5.
 
One of my xr15s broke after a week, I can’t believe it. I opened an rma and sent it in today, should be there monday. I’m kinda upset I paid so much for the light to stop working in a week. This really shouldn’t happen.
 
Ecotech = Apple of Sea Water Aquaristics :)
 
Not sure I ever mentioned but the new light did arrive. For all the stink eco tech treated me right in the end. I just hope this one lasts because I love the light.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new