My EcoTech horror story

un5tab1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of the original XR 15 pro's. Had it over my tank for about a year. Torn the tank down and boxed the light. When I got it out last week the rubber around the case had broken down into a sticky mess. Then I get my mp40 out and set up only to find the wet side magnet had swelled and cracked the case. All this expensive stuff too far out of warranty now to have replaced but, the 70 dollar Jebao powerheads which are both older work just fine.

jeffrey750750

Reefin in the slow lane
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No light manufacturer is going to warranty against water damage.
Boom!

20200828_014143.jpg

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of the original XR 15 pro's. Had it over my tank for about a year. Torn the tank down and boxed the light. When I got it out last week the rubber around the case had broken down into a sticky mess. Then I get my mp40 out and set up only to find the wet side magnet had swelled and cracked the case. All this expensive stuff too far out of warranty now to have replaced but, the 70 dollar Jebao powerheads which are both older work just fine.

I have gone through 2 mp40s with swollen wet side and 1 mp10 with grinding dry side. Only a single mp10 works as it should. Older stuff when it first came out. Never again. All tunze now.

And to the op.. your cracks are classic over tightening during assembly at the factory. Obviously the water got in through there over time. One time my rear. They know exactly what they are doing. I still run my ati t5.

Duffybubbleboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my xr15s broke after a week, I can’t believe it. I opened an rma and sent it in today, should be there monday. I’m kinda upset I paid so much for the light to stop working in a week. This really shouldn’t happen.

OP
OP
BruceLeeroy

BruceLeeroy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure I ever mentioned but the new light did arrive. For all the stink eco tech treated me right in the end. I just hope this one lasts because I love the light.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back