My experience with Ruby Reef's Rally Pro

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been battling a case of prorocentrum dinos in my mixed reef tank for quite a while and can't seem to eradicate them. (Note: this isn't a dino "help needed" thread----I've already gotten tons of great help in the dino sticky threads). I've read some good reviews regarding Ruby Reef's Rally Pro treatment, so I decided to give it a try. I'm also curious to see if it'll help me get rid of a bit of red cyano that has also been stubbornly persistent. I'll post my experiment with this treatment here and update it over the next few days of treatment.

Day 1
Did a 12% water change, turned off carbon, turned off skimmer, turned off UV. Dosed 15 oz of Rally Pro into my return pump compartment. Note that instructions call for 1 oz per 20 Gallons once daily for three days for saltwater and I have ~ 300 Gallons net water volume in my main system. Water turned kryptonite green right away. Fish, corals, inverts all seemed fine. Did my daily feeding an hour later and everybody behaved normally. The green color had faded a little by then. Will report on Day 2 tomorrow...

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Although the bottle indicates Dino, it’s not the most effective. Great with brooklynella and bacteria

OP
OP
BostonReefer300

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the delay on updating this thread. Life got in the way. Anyway, here's what happened:
Day 2:
Didn't see any reduction of cyano or dinos. Most corals and all fish and CUC seemed fine. However, my torches started to look a little stringy and my bubble tip anemones were a little more retracted than usual. Did second dose.
Day 3:
Still no reduction of cyano or dinos. Now torches look really stringy (but not retracted) and my nems were all very retracted. Did third dose.
Day 4:
Nems almost completely closed and torches looked stressed. Other corals and all fish/CUC seem fine. Turned back on fresh carbon, UV, and skimmer. After running those for several hours, did a 12% water change.
Day 5:
Nems and torches look a lot better, but not 100%.
Day 6:
Everything back to normal.
Verdict:
In my tank, Ruby Rally Pro had no effect on prorocentrum dinos nor cyano. Most corals and all fish/CUC seemed unaffected by the treatment. Bubble tip anemones and torch corals were apparently irritated by the treatment, but made full recoveries after stopped dosing, resumed carbon/skimming/UV, and did a regular water change.
I hope that sharing my experience will be helpful to others---and I'm very curious about other people's experience with this medication. I assume it's useful for some of the other claimed indications, but it would be great to hear first-hand experience with those.

To(meany)Tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been battling a case of prorocentrum dinos in my mixed reef tank for quite a while and can't seem to eradicate them. (Note: this isn't a dino "help needed" thread----I've already gotten tons of great help in the dino sticky threads). I've read some good reviews regarding Ruby Reef's Rally Pro treatment, so I decided to give it a try. I'm also curious to see if it'll help me get rid of a bit of red cyano that has also been stubbornly persistent. I'll post my experiment with this treatment here and update it over the next few days of treatment.

Day 1
Did a 12% water change, turned off carbon, turned off skimmer, turned off UV. Dosed 15 oz of Rally Pro into my return pump compartment. Note that instructions call for 1 oz per 20 Gallons once daily for three days for saltwater and I have ~ 300 Gallons net water volume in my main system. Water turned kryptonite green right away. Fish, corals, inverts all seemed fine. Did my daily feeding an hour later and everybody behaved normally. The green color had faded a little by then. Will report on Day 2 tomorrow...
I know this thread is old but I just stumbled upon it while searching for answers.. so you said you have 300 gallons? So the large 2 liter bottle says it treats for 400 gallons.. did you have to buy several 2 liter rally pro to keep up with the 3 day dose? I'm wondering if the number on the bottle of 400 is including the three days or is that per treatment because I have a 200 gallon tank and a 2 liter would get me 2 days of treatment if that's the case. What was your experience if you don't mind me asking.

Back