my favorite monti!!!

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just showing off my favorite monti:)anyone have their own favorite?
DSC02946.jpg

DSC02986.jpg

thanks for looking and feel free to post your own favorite:wink:

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite is the Newest LE the Setting Sun montipora cap,I have only a really small piece,but dang it is nice!

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes,the newest LE Montipora is the Setting Sun Montipora,and if you dont belive me,check out Tyree's site,this is the newest LE Montipora on his site,his site,it LE central,what is on there is what is there,and this is the newest one on there and I have talked with the company who made it LE with Steve.

REEF FARMERS

In fact,since it is actully the newest on eon the list,it is the newest LE right now to.

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I believe you. I guess that was my passive-aggressive way of saying I don't give a crap who's name is on the coral, especially one as bland as that one.

Sorry this got off track.

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personly like it,its hundreds of times better in person under my 20k's,I love it,better than my Leng Sy that is my number 2 fav.....

OP
OP
L

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in fact i love all monti's...especially the encrusting ones...sometimes i get them in pretty rough shape and then they just color up in my tank....that setting sun monti is nice!i should get me one later on:)

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in fact i love all monti's...especially the encrusting ones...sometimes i get them in pretty rough shape and then they just color up in my tank....that setting sun monti is nice!i should get me one later on:)

Me to,I really like montiporas,but I do have to say Setting Sun in the coolest cap I have!

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top 3 for me: Jedi Mind Trick (encrusting), Forrest Fire Digitata (branching), and the Reef Tech Starburst Cap (plating).

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like sunset :) I'm old school...the forest fire monti that fishlipz is talking about is pretty dang awesome though. Saw some of those on ebay a while ago.

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lovely shot Luisse. I love the Jedi Mind Trick too.

My favorite is the Newest LE the Setting Sun montipora cap,I have only a really small piece,but dang it is nice!

Heh, that's kind of a laugh there. It may be the newest Tyree LE, but that doesn't mean he introduced it to the hobby or the market. Reeftech (which fishlipz mentions) was spotlighted by another hobbyist for their Starburst cap a year+ back and there were a small number of us that got frags back then. I have a nice colony now. This "setting sun" looks just like it, only not colored up as well by the pics on their site. Don't get me wrong, the Starburst cap is a very nice cap and it does pop well in my tank, but the setting sun is a little late to the game. I don't know that I would call it my favorite monti of all either; too many nice ones out there.

My Reef Tech Starburst
starburstcap_16790.jpg

I agree, the mind trick does resemble the chili pepper, but the chili pepper doesn't get a blue/purple rim.

I don't know what my favorite monti is period, but I would have to say as far as specimens in my tank, my setosa gives me the most pleasure to view right now.

setosa_17175.jpg

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a big monti fan as well. Personally i still like the superman, reverse sunset, but my favorite is the mai tai, i just haven't seen anything so vivid. Anyone else have one of those guys? Its bright green/yellow with bright pink/red polyps. Then again the hologram is pretty pimp too, but nothing i've seen can hang with the mai tai.

MitchReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my new Frankenberry...it's still acclimating to my tank, but it's a really pretty one...
IMG_3536.jpg

I guess I should give it the props it has coming...that's WWC Frankenberry (since a lot of folks are hung on who a coral came from)

Last edited:

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who is Reeftech? I thought Jody from TEC/Totally Exotic Corals was selling that starburst... that reminds me, I need to hit Jody up, I owe him a chalice.......

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.9%

Back