my favorite monti!!!

MitchReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also love my Rainbow. It's a really nice one and grows like crazy...
IMG_3031.jpg

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who is Reeftech? I thought Jody from TEC/Totally Exotic Corals was selling that starburst...

Ian, Reeftech is the one that Jody got the starburst from. Jody is the one who originally spotlighted the Starburst here on R2R for us.

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, here is another one I've really been enjoying. It's quite unique. It's an M. palawenensis and the colors are not only outstanding, but very unique. Got it in a trade and it doesn't really have an official name; I just call it the tricolor palawenensis. The picture barely serves to catch the quality of color on this piece. The gold/pink just glows metallic.

pinkpalawenensis_18165.jpg

OP
OP
L

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lovely shot Luisse. I love the Jedi Mind Trick too.

Heh, that's kind of a laugh there. It may be the newest Tyree LE, but that doesn't mean he introduced it to the hobby or the market. Reeftech (which fishlipz mentions) was spotlighted by another hobbyist for their Starburst cap a year+ back and there were a small number of us that got frags back then. I have a nice colony now. This "setting sun" looks just like it, only not colored up as well by the pics on their site. Don't get me wrong, the Starburst cap is a very nice cap and it does pop well in my tank, but the setting sun is a little late to the game. I don't know that I would call it my favorite monti of all either; too many nice ones out there.

My Reef Tech Starburst
starburstcap_16790.jpg

I agree, the mind trick does resemble the chili pepper, but the chili pepper doesn't get a blue/purple rim.

I don't know what my favorite monti is period, but I would have to say as far as specimens in my tank, my setosa gives me the most pleasure to view right now.

setosa_17175.jpg
NICE that starburst is pretty...

OP
OP
L

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks a lot like a chili pepper monti to me

it does look just like my chilli pepper. encrusting monti!
i have seen a chilli pepper monti and it does resembles like the jedi mind trick but the chilli peper dont have that nice blue rim...and IMO the green on the jedi glows more than the other....

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for me hands down original superman from James(isseym328) :bigsmile:

superman-1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

superman-1.jpg
that is nice!i have a superman monti too that is so nice,got it for free and grew from a booger size:Dill take pics tomorrow...i have other superman monti too but not as nice as the booger size which i got for free...it is now encrusted a round disc and it took me a year to grow that big...very sloooow

i love this one too..
DSC02196.jpg

OP
OP
L

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

superman-1.jpg
ok i found a pic of my superman monti but only a small part of it got taken:D...i got a superman monti that is different than this one...i dont know if yours and mine are same????
DSC03031-1-1.jpg

bkoppes

SaraNOSNOWta
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have what was sold to me as a rainbow monti that has plated off my rock work and created a shelf. Anyone heard of this?

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is nice!i have a superman monti too that is so nice,got it for free and grew from a booger size:Dill take pics tomorrow...i have other superman monti too but not as nice as the booger size which i got for free...it is now encrusted a round disc and it took me a year to grow that big...very sloooow

i love this one too..
DSC02196.jpg

Thats the hologram i was talking about, a gorgeous piece. Still doesnt' compare to the mai tai. I still haven't seen anything come close to it.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 49 25.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back