My female clownfish not feeling well

Ewelina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This little girl seems to be not feeling well. Has bulgy eyes and some white spots that stick out on her gills. Doesnt seem very hungry as she usually did. What could that be? What to do now? I have a reef tank and parameters seems ok. Tia
20180811_170006.jpg
20180811_170007.jpg

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be the start of a bacterial infection.

Looks very much like flukes. I would recommend a 5min FW dip to determine if you are dealing with flukes or not.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/freshwater-dip.248898/

If you don't get any flukes that come off the fish in the dip, I would move the fish to a QT and start Kanaplex, metroplex, and Furan-2.

OP
OP
Ewelina

Ewelina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be the start of a bacterial infection.

Looks very much like flukes. I would recommend a 5min FW dip to determine if you are dealing with flukes or not.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/freshwater-dip.248898/

If you don't get any flukes that come off the fish in the dip, I would move the fish to a QT and start Kanaplex, metroplex, and Furan-2.
I'm assuming I shouldn't have any fish in qt then? I have 2 new fish under observation as well as fire shrimp there. Should I move them all?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's flukes you can treat DT with prazipro.

If you need antibiotics, then the fish would need a separate QT to be treated in. I wouldn't treat the others with ABX when not necessary due to resistance etc.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assuming I shouldn't have any fish in qt then? I have 2 new fish under observation as well as fire shrimp there. Should I move them all?

If you already have fish + a shrimp in QT, I wouldn't cross contaminate THEM by adding this clownfish.

You will need a separate QT to treat/isolate this clownfish.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell the cause but an infection is likely. What was the result of the dip?

OP
OP
Ewelina

Ewelina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
Hard to tell the cause but an infection is likely. What was the result of the dip?
ILl do it tomorrow. I tried to catch her today, but she doesnt even want to come for food. She doesnt really feel well, and I saw it about a week ago. But I didn't see any spots on her and she started eating again. Hopefully tomorrow shell swim away from LR

OP
OP
Ewelina

Ewelina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant catch her. Shes too smart and hides away very well. I went to petco to get something ( supposedly natural) for parasites cause it was too late for LFS and noone carries prazipro. I hope this helps...

OP
OP
Ewelina

Ewelina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little update:
I started dosing Microbe-lift Herbrana (only thing they has at petco) on Sunday. The fish seems to be feeling better! I dont see any spots on her body anymore (yesterday she had two dots by her dorsal fin, but they're gone now! She even swims now to the front of the tank, like she used to. She seems to have some injury, though, by her gills, where the parasites were spotted at first. Do I need to take care of it too? Is it gonna heal by itself? I'm being hopeful for this fishie. Thanks again for all your help and support!
20180814_081205.jpg
!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back