My firefish tail

trixbynix69

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2025
Messages
16
Reaction score
9
Location
Clay
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fire fish and it looks like his tail has been nipped by other fish however I know for a fact no fish have bit him I have none that chase each other none that are aggressive never seen them chase each other never seen them attempt to bite each other could it be coming from where my two fire fish sleep up under their Rock but the other firefish doesn't have damage could I have a female and a male do they do that for mating maybe I don't know I'm new to this like some information but I know for a fact fish or not biting each other
 
Can you post some picture of the fish and the tank? How old is the tank? How large is the tank? How long have you had these fish?
 
I have a fire fish and it looks like his tail has been nipped by other fish however I know for a fact no fish have bit him I have none that chase each other none that are aggressive never seen them chase each other never seen them attempt to bite each other could it be coming from where my two fire fish sleep up under their Rock but the other firefish doesn't have damage could I have a female and a male do they do that for mating maybe I don't know I'm new to this like some information but I know for a fact fish or not biting each other
This kinda “meek” fish can easily have tail nip which is very common. In many cases, it’s not repeated.

Unless there are no other fish, I can’t understand why you rule out the most common reason.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new