My first adventure into saltwater, SCA 150

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
There are YouTube videos that go into more detail of you want to check those out.

Good build so far! And go with what you want, or you will just keep on wanting to do that anyway. You shouldn't have any issues selling either of those two pieces of equipment.

BRS
OP
Hectaka

Hectaka

Community Member
View Badges
Marketplace Rating
Reaction score
There are YouTube videos that go into more detail of you want to check those out.

Good build so far! And go with what you want, or you will just keep on wanting to do that anyway. You shouldn't have any issues selling either of those two pieces of equipment.
Thanks. I am going to go with what I want since I don't plan to change or upgrade anytime soon so I'll post those items as soon as I'm home from vacation.

I will check out some videos, any specific channels you recommend?

OP
Hectaka

Hectaka

Community Member
View Badges
Marketplace Rating
Reaction score
P.S. I just got a finnex 500 heater and I really like it. Cheaper and available.
Good advice, I just picked up 2 of those heaters so I'll have redundancy in case of failure. Do you recommend the controller too? Or would that be unnecessary since I have an Apex system to plug it into?

NabberNate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm not sure what a controller would be used for with a heater. It has an auto shut off in case of our of water heat build up. Having a temp controller (apex/ ghl) to connect to your phone I guess would be neat but I'm not sure I would call it necessary. If I was limited on ports I think I would pick pH sensor before temp and just rely on heaters.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
Hectaka

Hectaka

Community Member
View Badges
Marketplace Rating
Reaction score
Leak test just happened today! Everything went perfectly so that's exciting.

I've posted the Giesemann T5 fixture and sapphire sump for sale but there hasn't been much interest there so probably going to drop the price just so I can get them out and replaced with what I actually want.

Once the last few items I want come back in stock and my wife has the painters finish this room, I'll be able to get the tank in the right spot and plumb it. In the meantime I'm drawing up my water station plumbing plans to get that finished up.

Attachments

• 20210501_084049.jpg
    20210501_084049.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 10
OP
Hectaka

Hectaka

Community Member
View Badges
Marketplace Rating
Reaction score
Things have been pretty hectic lately since we're having the interior of the house painted but I did manage to squeeze in something sort of reef related. After trying to place my water station I found out I needed to move the water heater about a foot. So this week I managed to do just that, let me tell you it was a lot more work than I expected. I also have most of the plumbing for the water station just missing a couple items and I can get that plumbing started too.

If you look close you can see the circle where the water heater use to be, but now everything is going to fit perfectly.

Attachments

• 20210519_160749.jpg
    20210519_160749.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 2

What percentage of blue versus white lighting do you think makes the best coral growth combo?

• All Blue

Votes: 14 2.4%
  • Mostly Blue

Votes: 360 62.6%
  • Even Balance

Votes: 147 25.6%
  • Mostly White

Votes: 44 7.7%
  • All White

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 9 1.6%