My first attempt raising clownfish

stevers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!! Great Success!!! Around what day did you start to notice the second stripe form and connect vertically?

stevers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I'm working with ocellaris as well (on day 25) but my second bands aren't connecting yet. I'm hoping they aren't misbars. Did you have any misbars? Did the bands look different during the first month than they do at 3 months besides being a brighter, stronger white?

OP
OP
ReeferMadness09

ReeferMadness09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mix of misbars and full bar clowns. Like you said the bands turn a brighter white but seem to widen with age. I think you'll definately be able to tell the misbars from regular by week 4

Last edited:

stevers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on I'm working with snowflakes so I'm hoping their bars develope.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness09

ReeferMadness09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 110dph in growout tank. Slighty better video quality this time. I continuously add groups of clowns to the growout tank as they become old enough
[video=youtube_share;MPNa5B8GlW0]http://youtu.be/MPNa5B8GlW0[/video]

Last edited:
OP
OP
ReeferMadness09

ReeferMadness09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I culture my own rotifers but gave up trying to culture phyto and went with using rgcomplete instead. With everything else i have to worry about its one less thing to deal with and makes my life MUCH easier. Maybe ill go back to culturing it down the road.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness09

ReeferMadness09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its 5 or 6 hatches together. Ive had ups and downs as far as hatch numbers go. Im still tweaking my routine to maximize it.

stevers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea so far hatching has been the most difficult part of the process for me.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness09

ReeferMadness09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had the most die off within the 1st 24 hrs. Seems like the highest mortality for me. Ive gotten as little as 25 successfully raised out of a hatch and as high as 80ish. Im still working on lessing my mortality rate and have been trying different ideas to better each hatch. Im feeling pretty optimistic for this sundays hatch.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness09

ReeferMadness09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, sorry for the long break in updates. I figured I'd wait a bit to be able to show more progress. This is another video of my growout tank. I'm honestly not sure how many are in there at this point but definitely 200+. The oldest should be right around 5 months. I've also started feeding tdo chroma boost. I'm trying to see if i can get brighter colors out of them. Of course im judging their color from the 1 stone age t10 or t12 bulb i have that they're under which probably isnt helping lol. but we'll see how the color progresses.

[video=youtube;j9VOK4l4jnI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9VOK4l4jnI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

jcm707

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sick haha. You should do an anemone clown hareem tank. Tons of clowns and anemones

OP
OP
ReeferMadness09

ReeferMadness09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its an older picture but i have a bunch of rbtas. Maybe i should change the lighting and try it out:)
IMG_2746_zps09a82bdd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back