OP
OP
ReeferMadness09

ReeferMadness09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So its been about 2 weeks since starting to feed chroma boost. The picture isnt the best and the tank lighting is poor but it seems to have helped color my clowns up a bit.

IMG_2950_zps74fb9b64.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look great! :)

racin2438

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long before eggs hatch. Just notice our pair laid eggs on looking at the eggs they kinda look wiggley

OP
OP
ReeferMadness09

ReeferMadness09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually it takes about a week from the time the eggs are laid to the time they hatch. Each day the egg color will change. The first day they will be bright orange if they are ocellaris. After that they will darken more each passing day till about day 7. Around then you should notice the silver eyes within the eggs and the eggs color will be a pale gray. At this point you can expect them to hatch that night or the following. If youre not sure and want to collect them all you can do is stay up about an hour after tank lights are out checking every 10 minutes or so. If they dont hatch, repeat the next night.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness09

ReeferMadness09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So last night i had a hatch and had to transfer the previous clutch to make room for the new guys. I was able to count them during the transfer and had 76. At this point they usually dont have any problems. Thats about my highest success rate so far. Even after about 15 collections im still trying to perfect things but its getting better.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness09

ReeferMadness09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, my goal is to break 100. If i can get to that point ill feel like ive got it down to a science. One of the things holding me back lately is that my lifes schedule and the fish eggs schedule have been off. Ive been away or have to go through some sleep deprivation to be able to collect. Can be hard sometimes..

OP
OP
ReeferMadness09

ReeferMadness09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well im not sure what happened to my current hatch but i had a major die off the first 24 hrs. Looks like i have about 7 that survived. I really dont know what went wrong this time but i think it might have something to do with the amount of time the fry stay in my fry catcher before i pull them. Ill avoid that for the next hatch and see what happens.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness09

ReeferMadness09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i had another hatch last weekend. I tried what i had mentioned previously and did not let the fry hang out too long in my catcher. I missed about half of the eggs because they hatched over the course of 3 days . Of the ones i did manage to collect I'd say half died in the first 24 hrs. I currently have roughly 20-30 that made it. I havent figured it out yet but I must be doing something that is contributing to my high losses. I'd really like to get consistant high numbers. The next thing I'll investigate is food. I'll try to step up the kind of food i feed and see how that effects things

OP
OP
ReeferMadness09

ReeferMadness09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And since its been a little while and everybody loves pics right:thumb:...
A picture of a pair from my very first hatch. I wanted to keep an original pair from this adventure, so these guys have their own little tank. Maybe not quite 1 1/2 inches.
IMG_2966_zpsee4d5f57.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

OP
OP
ReeferMadness09

ReeferMadness09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually a little concerned my clowns will stop laying when i get my tank upgrade under way and have to move them. Guess I'll just hope for the best.

Sully

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May stop for awhile but if you were able to get the water parameters to their liking once before to lay, no reason to think that you won't do it again.

I'm actually a little concerned my clowns will stop laying when i get my tank upgrade under way and have to move them. Guess I'll just hope for the best.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness09

ReeferMadness09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like something has changed in my tank. My clowns haven't laid in about 4 weeks. Guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Still have about 40 babies im raising that haven't gotten added to my grow out tank yet but heres another video i just took of whats actually in my growout tank. I'll post with any further updates.
[video=youtube_share;JUMStZoo9uo]http://youtu.be/JUMStZoo9uo[/video]

stevers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, both my pair and my friends pair stopped laying as well (around 2 months ago). Perhaps a seasonal response?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 58 39.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 28.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back