My first diy Sump/ refugium build

The craftsmanship is amazing and the design looks like you spent quite a bit of time on. Is it performing as you expected? Any unanticipated surprises us fellow DIY’ers should know about?
Thanks again, it did indeed take a little time to create a design that would incorporate bits from other tried and true builds; as well as the needs of my existing equipment with room for future upgrades in mind. As far as the design I would say it is great, although the glues used worked fine; I would like to find a more practical bonding agent. I do also plan on adding some adjustable baffles to the final design at some point.
 
what did you mean when you said it was a good spot for the pipe to plug? Thanks

it’s a T off the over flow so if something goes down the pipe say a snail there’s a good chance unless it’s pretty small that it will get jammed in the T and cause a flow restriction. Which could lead to a backup/over flow. Not a good design in general. I wouldn’t even put a T like that on the return side because it would kill your flow right off the pump like that.
 
it’s a T off the over flow so if something goes down the pipe say a snail there’s a good chance unless it’s pretty small that it will get jammed in the T and cause a flow restriction. Which could lead to a backup/over flow. Not a good design in general.
I agree, makes perfect sense. As stated before that was given to me with a tank; that T is attached to a nice heavy piece of glass which is being utilized.
 
What did you use to bond the pvc pieces together and the pvc to acrylic?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new