OP
Ras Bubbles

Ras Bubbles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The craftsmanship is amazing and the design looks like you spent quite a bit of time on. Is it performing as you expected? Any unanticipated surprises us fellow DIY’ers should know about?
Thanks again, it did indeed take a little time to create a design that would incorporate bits from other tried and true builds; as well as the needs of my existing equipment with room for future upgrades in mind. As far as the design I would say it is great, although the glues used worked fine; I would like to find a more practical bonding agent. I do also plan on adding some adjustable baffles to the final design at some point.

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what did you mean when you said it was a good spot for the pipe to plug? Thanks

it’s a T off the over flow so if something goes down the pipe say a snail there’s a good chance unless it’s pretty small that it will get jammed in the T and cause a flow restriction. Which could lead to a backup/over flow. Not a good design in general. I wouldn’t even put a T like that on the return side because it would kill your flow right off the pump like that.

OP
OP
Ras Bubbles

Ras Bubbles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it’s a T off the over flow so if something goes down the pipe say a snail there’s a good chance unless it’s pretty small that it will get jammed in the T and cause a flow restriction. Which could lead to a backup/over flow. Not a good design in general.
I agree, makes perfect sense. As stated before that was given to me with a tank; that T is attached to a nice heavy piece of glass which is being utilized.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back