My first online shipment.

xnaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got a shipment in from Aqua SD and it’s my first online order. I would never know if a coral I had died coming in because I just started a few months ago. My main question here is do the corals and the anemone look alive and should I dip them now or wait a day or two. Not the anemone of course as I found out yesterday.
1. Fox coral
2. Acid wash bubble tip anemone
3. Pink beast alveopora.

CC780D83-F45C-42A6-9DBB-33B8B844FC51.jpeg FD5F0341-2EA9-43AD-B78A-140815C89AB3.jpeg B483AC33-10B2-4D95-A328-FD9BDD419797.jpeg

EuphylliaAddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look fine, temperature acclimate, and then dip the two on the frag plugs, inspect the plugs for anything on them. I use a toothbrush to clean the plug off. Then just add them to the frag rack in lower light and see what they do. For the nem just turn off pumps for a half hour and see if he stays in one spot. Hope that helps.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed they look fine. In my experience if a coral dies in shipment the bag is so cloudy and nasty you can hardly see what is inside (which is why I find it silly the vendors that make you show a picture of the dead coral inside the unopened bag).

OP
OP
xnaz

xnaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look fine, temperature acclimate, and then dip the two on the frag plugs, inspect the plugs for anything on them. I use a toothbrush to clean the plug off. Then just add them to the frag rack in lower light and see what they do. For the nem just turn off pumps for a half hour and see if he stays in one spot. Hope that helps.
It does thanks. So I don’t have a frag rack I usually just put them at the bottom of my sand is that ok or do you recommend getting one. And love the name by the way one of my favorite types of corals.

OP
OP
xnaz

xnaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed they look fine. In my experience if a coral dies in shipment the bag is so cloudy and nasty you can hardly see what is inside (which is why I find it silly the vendors that make you show a picture of the dead coral inside the unopened bag).
Oh ok makes sense thanks for the info.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back